Thread: What a shocker !

What a shocker !

G'day all !

Finally bought a boat after years of talking about it and the missus and I decided to take it out to Mud Island for our first trip in the bay.
    We bought $ 30 (!) worth of pillys , prawns and mullet (for the pots) and headed out early sat .mornin. last week.
    bom said it would be a good day , didnt mention the rain and storm which chopped everything up! I couldnt believe how rough it was just out from manly !we battled our way to west side of Mud and tried to drift and fish without hitting the island and the boat was going UP and DOWN like you wouldnt believe.
    I suddenly discovered my stupid lowrance x65 sounder made no sense to me so we cast out our lines and got them badly tangled together (after staying up friday night learning knots,rigs ect).
    Then the missus decided burley was the way to go and started throwing up all over the place (mostly over the side !) Then discovered the kids had taken the crab pot bait holders out of the boat to play with at home.
    we chucked all the bait overboard and made for home just in time to see the sun come out and the sea calm over when we got back.

Had another go by myself yesterday and tried to catch some sandies in between st helena and green island ,$30 worth of bait and all i caught was a stinkin shark in the witches hat and a cat fish (?)
    Worst of all the brother goes out today and catches a bream and big flat head off green!
    Think i'm giving up ? No way !
    I'm hooked and learning a lot on this site so The brother and i are going out to north of mud tomorrow for another shot at glory
    Sorry about the long post but I'm glad I found this site!
    catch ya later !

Re: What a shocker !

well done baychaser,you are starting to sound like a true fisherman, never give up,if i was you i would invest in either a cheap bait fridge or a cast net, cause if you keep throwing your bait away its going to cost you a fourtune, you got to learn to catch it yourself or store it in the fridge in the garage where the missus wont complain about it, good to hear from you, keep it up and looking forward to see some good photos, cheers bennykenny.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Thanks for the advice mate , I have just bought a cast net and will give that a wirl once I have watched the how to video on this site.
    How hard can it be ?

Keep it up mate, Just remember when in the bay, any wind from the north will have you looking from cover

Keep up the good work baychaser you will get fish just keep persisting and keep reading stories on here and you WILL get fish buddy lots of luck ......matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......