View Poll Results: Where have you landed your biggest bass?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • River or Creek (wild)

18 10.71%
  • Bjelke-Petersen

5 2.98%
  • Boondooma

2 1.19%
  • Borumba

3 1.79%
  • Cania

12 7.14%
  • Cressbrook

3 1.79%
  • Glenbourne (nsw)

5 2.98%
  • Lenthalls

5 2.98%
  • Monduran

14 8.33%
  • Moogera

2 1.19%
  • Somerset

33 19.64%
  • St Clair (nsw)

1 0.60%
  • Wivenhoe

29 17.26%
  • Other

36 21.43%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do the biggest bass come from

Re: Where do the biggest bass come from

I know I've caught some 60cm bass and even bigger when I'm tucked snuggly in my bed at night dreaming happily. But seriously I'd like to think that they reach that size. That's the magic that makes fishing for these creatures so exciting. When you get absolutley hammered by something that jolts the rod almost out of your hands, and your mind starts to conjure up images of giant bass with tails the size of a mans outspread hand.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    None of this book crap. Prove it now to end this myth. If your honest about your fish measurements you will know a 60cm Bass doesn't exist.

Troy
    If thats the Rod Harrison i think it is you may need to reacces your statement bro.
    Cheers
    Reidy

I just had to........sorry

Lol Lol.... Great One Lgm...cheers Bdowdy..brett HEY GUYS WANT TO SEA DEAD SET HUGE BASS ...look under clarence gorge on y... t...be...UNDER GREAT SOUTHERN LAND..... MONSTER.
    Last edited by bdowdy; 02-04-2008 at 04:31 PM.

North Pine or Somerset for sure.

The number of 55cm + bass I have seen from NP is amazing.

Or PNG for Black Bass!!

Angus

That's a 55 from Somerset
    Let's see some bigger,(my biggest is 56 but no photo so no cigar)
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike Delisser; 07-04-2008 at 07:15 PM.

My biggest was out of the Clyde River on a jitterbug back in the days when centimetres had 100 legs so it must have been about 15''

But the biggest I heard of came out of Ettrema Creek, as big as wombats they used to say

My longest is 55cm, but biggest is 52cm at 3.03kg. I have photo in my gallery on the deck, its a fat pig of a fish.!! got him on a wild looking spinnerbait with 4 or 5 blades on it....it caught me many bass.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bdowdy View Post
    Lol Lol.... Great One Lgm...cheers Bdowdy..brett HEY GUYS WANT TO SEA DEAD SET HUGE BASS ...look under clarence gorge on y... t...be...UNDER GREAT SOUTHERN LAND..... MONSTER.

Look left.....................
    Pete.

PNG Black Bass mate - see avatar left.
    The one pictured was caught in Suki Creek and was very close to the 1 metre mark.

In Oz, I've only ever caught Australian Bass in creeks off the Clarence River - NSW North Coast, and some those have been approaching the 40-50cm mark.

So in the poll I opted for river or creeks wild. Even though I reckon those impoundments would fatten a few up like they do the barra.
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    None of this book crap. Prove it now to end this myth. If your honest about your fish measurements you will know a 60cm Bass doesn't exist.

Troy
    what a load of piffle!

Quote Originally Posted by bdowdy View Post
    That was a great trip that...for some reason I just can't seem to forget it. That fish was taken off the top too.

Leigh.

70cm is a work of science fiction. 60cm full length fish would have to be out there (equates to roughly a 56-57cm fork length fish). Wether they hit 60 fork length is the big question. I spose I'll just have to head out there and catch one now to prove it. Didn't Jocumsen say on one of the afc's that his non tournerment pb is a 59cm fish from cressy (can't remember is it was full or fork length he might not have said). Biggest bass i've seen was 52 fork which is up around th 55 full length mark. Biggest I've caught is 51.5 fork the same day i hooked and dropped fish that stripped more line on the first run than the 50's i was catching did the whole fight. Anyway the whole debate can be ended right now if harro throws his pics up. . . . .

Heres an interesting bit of information. Grants reakons that bass reach a weight of 10kg. Using length weight relations from fish base this would put the fish to 84cm fork length.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy87 View Post
    Heres an interesting bit of information. Grants reakons that bass reach a weight of 10kg. Using length weight relations from fish base this would put the fish to 84cm fork length.
    Now thats the kind of bass I wanna hook !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy87 View Post
    70cm is a work of science fiction. 60cm full length fish would have to be out there (equates to roughly a 56-57cm fork length fish). Wether they hit 60 fork length is the big question. I spose I'll just have to head out there and catch one now to prove it. Didn't Jocumsen say on one of the afc's that his non tournerment pb is a 59cm fish from cressy (can't remember is it was full or fork length he might not have said). Biggest bass i've seen was 52 fork which is up around th 55 full length mark. Biggest I've caught is 51.5 fork the same day i hooked and dropped fish that stripped more line on the first run than the 50's i was catching did the whole fight. Anyway the whole debate can be ended right now if harro throws his pics up. . . . .
    Jeremy, I know a bloke by the name of Peter May in toowoomba who got a 58cm fork length at somerset..I have seen the photos, on a mat too. Its the genuine thing.

On a different occasion,I took him to somerset the very first time he ever fished for bass (to wash the salt of the boat on the way home after a crap morning at the pin) and his very first 2 bass ever caught were both 52cm to the fork. It was an overcast tues arvo with not another boat on the water, we got 10 fish in 2hrs, with 6 over 50cm. Just one of those sessions you remember.

cheers Steve