View Poll Results: Where have you landed your biggest bass?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • River or Creek (wild)

18 10.71%
  • Bjelke-Petersen

5 2.98%
  • Boondooma

2 1.19%
  • Borumba

3 1.79%
  • Cania

12 7.14%
  • Cressbrook

3 1.79%
  • Glenbourne (nsw)

5 2.98%
  • Lenthalls

5 2.98%
  • Monduran

14 8.33%
  • Moogera

2 1.19%
  • Somerset

33 19.64%
  • St Clair (nsw)

1 0.60%
  • Wivenhoe

29 17.26%
  • Other

36 21.43%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do the biggest bass come from

Re: Where do the biggest bass come from

npd for me deffently one of the most constant big bass dams around.

Borumba for me, Put a lot of casts in for it though got a heap around the forty to forty five mark but just the one 57 off the eagle nest great on fly, thought i hook a passing boat?????

TT

NPD to the max. The bigger bass are slowing down as it gets fished more now tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_M View Post
    A sneaky Dam in northern NSW (not too far from the border) where i was lucky enough to conduct an angling survey through Uni. It went 54cm to the fork. Your not allowed to fish there so i better not mention it's name.
    If you were conducting an official survey through Uni then I see nothing wrong with naming the impoundment in question...but I will take a stab in the dark and say Rocky Ck Dam .

In its day I thought BP Dam consistently produced the biggest bass (and big yella's). Ausfish conducted an M&G there a few years ago and a no. 50+ bass were landed (and released). Webby wrote an article on the event in B&B - think he caught his first fresh water fish.
    Shame the dam is now basically a creek. Good times will roll on again there we hope.
    Regards
    Sav

I'd say NPD for sure, caught many over 50cm, best to date is 56cm. I heard of one caught about 5 to 6 years ago, in the river below the dam that went over 70cm, i think it was 72cm, that came from one of the original PRFMA members who, unfortunately is no longer with us on this earth.

Cheers,
    Obi_Wan

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh77 View Post
    If you were conducting an official survey through Uni then I see nothing wrong with naming the impoundment in question...but I will take a stab in the dark and say Rocky Ck Dam .
    get out your map and torch but watch out for the farmers shotty!! some big'uns in there according to legend, but thats from back when sneaking into a "closed" dam was the act of a Larrikin with an adventurous spirit...now your considered a criminal with intent to plunder.
    roo.

my biggest bass has come from north pine.53 fork.but my 2nd biggest has in fact come from cressbrook.52 fork about 5 years ago.i use to fish there all the time when i lived in toowoomba.we use to get plenty 50+ models out of there back then till they put too many in and now they dont grow much due to lack of food.

Hi Folks

Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

Somerset is the consistent home of big bass, my biggest in Somerset, 57 and 56cm.
    Plenty of 50+ from Wivenhoe, Moogerah and good old Cressbrook.

Up until 2 years ago Cressy was where my previous PB at 55cm came from.

Mind you have only scored 1 x 50+ at Maroon but was a very special fish, caught on a surface popper. Very very memorable

Cheers
    Budgebass

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Borumba for me, Put a lot of casts in for it though got a heap around the forty to forty five mark but just the one 57 off the eagle nest great on fly, thought i hook a passing boat?????

TT
    Those Borumba bass definatley are one of the hardest pullers around. Even the small suckers fight like a lot bigger fish.
    Bill

ive caught the bass that go over the wall from little rocky creek dam got a 56cm on surface they have got to be the hardest pulling bass ive ever caught

NOjacks

56 from Wivenhoe that went 3.5kg. Absolute horse of a fish. Same day I got about 9 over 50 and a heap over 45. What a day. All from a Kayak.

Previous to that was a 51 from Crestbrook. It had some stonker fish in it a few years ago.
    Cheers

Steven

I got a 50cm at lake gregory

mate my PB is 483mm from cania dam and i have caught plenty up there around the 475mm mark and cracking that 500mm mark after 15 years of bass fishing has got to come my way soon, but in saying that i have seen a photo of a 630mm bass come out of glennbourne dam 5 years ago caught on a garden worm , wivenhoe dam over the years have produced some crackers up to 55-58 cm but if you can get around the cat fish good luck .

I too would have to say NPD. Caught at least a dozen there 2 seasons ago that ranged from 55 to 58cms (fork length) but have also heard of a 61 and 67cm. One session yielded about 15 over 50cms and we got bricked by quite a few larger ones (if they were bass???). Unfortunately Mr Kent (local ranger) has put end to fishing the more productive waters - although I see a lot of anglers out there still pushing the boudaries