Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: show me ya biggest flathead caught(in a pic)

Re: show me ya biggest flathead caught(in a pic)

this my biggest so far, 93cm trolling a riedys hb mooloolaba canels

Quote Originally Posted by _BEER_MAN_ View Post
    My biggest is 110cm caught last season :-D i will post a pic when i get home
    Didnt think so

im waiting to see this fish too, beer man.
    figjam :wink:

72cm, not as big as some of the monster lizzards on here but still my biggest.
    Caught at wooli on a gang hook with a pilly in the surf shallows after taylor.
    a big sandy I reckon.

struktcha man, just for future reference, a sure fire way to tell if you've got a dusky or mud flathead, which are currently governed by a 70cm max size rule, which will be increased to 75cm in March 2009, is to have a look at the tail or caudal fin. Duskies will have a small, nearly perfectly round black dot, where as sand flatties don't. Not saying that what you have there is not a sandy as you've said, but you don't want to be caught out as the colourations of flatties a greatly differ depending what sort of bottom you caught it on. But a good fish none the less, well done. Looks like you had to have a bit of a swim to get it though...lol

Some great fish. Still eager to see this 110cm fish. There was a picture of a 101cm fish on Saltwater chat recently of the fish on a brag mat. It didn't seem to get that much attention for the calibre of the fish :s
    Scott nthQLD, wooli is on the north coast of NSW where there isn't a maximum size limit for duskies. Perfectly legal fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott nthQld View Post
    struktcha man, just for future reference, a sure fire way to tell if you've got a dusky or mud flathead, which are currently governed by a 70cm max size rule, which will be increased to 75cm in March 2009, is to have a look at the tail or caudal fin. Duskies will have a small, nearly perfectly round black dot, where as sand flatties don't. Not saying that what you have there is not a sandy as you've said, but you don't want to be caught out as the colourations of flatties a greatly differ depending what sort of bottom you caught it on. But a good fish none the less, well done. Looks like you had to have a bit of a swim to get it though...lol
    yeah thanks

was caught in NSW at wooli last Christmas and I am sure it was legal then as you where allowed to keep flatties over 70cm then in NSW.

I was actually trying my luck in the surf for a Taylor on a gang hook and pilly and caught this guy, in reasonably shallow surf about a meter or so deep, must have been hunting the baitfish.

cheers

sand flatties have a rounder head and their complection is more like freckled than blotchy.

if I was a betting man, you've got a dusky there.

nice fish anyhow.

this ones from brunswick heads, nsw a few years back...76cm

same one

Check this one out lads...not mine but definately worth a mention

http://www.####.net/forum/download/f...1915&mode=view

OK we're goin to have to replace the #### with a k f f without the spaces

WOW!! good find Stonecold!! and thx for posting

First 1 mtr Flathead posted on Ausfish (that I can find) and its linked to another site!!! lol. I guess the Ausfish population can't catch them that big

yeah ok, or they arn't posting them

cheers
    Brandon...

stonecold we want to see flatties NOT crocodiles!

One massive fish that one is.

Yes men... theres been sh$tloads of debate about meter plus flatties before but thats the first I've ever seen on a mat

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Yes men... theres been sh$tloads of debate about meter plus flatties before but thats the first I've ever seen on a mat
    Same here mate!

The first and only one I've ever seen on a mat also.

Thanks stoner.