Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: show me ya biggest flathead caught(in a pic)

Re: show me ya biggest flathead caught(in a pic)

Here's one i got in winter.... I measured the rod when i got home....81cm...
    Last edited by bigdonk; 30-12-2007 at 12:44 PM.

CAught this one on the Gold Coast in September 91.5 cm

Caught on a Gang hook with a whiting fillet

[attach]Attachment 18401[/attach]
    "light gear big fish big fun"

this one went 87cm. and got him on the big pearl white prawn

Whytey
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

93cm caught at jacobs well about 5 years ago.Lost a much bigger one on same day.have not got any big ones since
    cheers
    greg
    IS THAT A ROD IN MY POCKET OR AM I JUST HAPPY TO BE FISHING

Hi all

Whytey the big girls sure do love them prawns iv got a cpl of 80cm models on the tequilla gold 6" prawn

My PB is 90cm on 4lbs leader in aug 07 i lost several fish bigger than that 1 last year all landbased the big suckers frustrate the hell out of me eg/ you can land one on 4lbs but then get blown away by similar size fish on 40lbs leader 20 secs after hookup by a quick surface head shake but thats fishing
    my worst loss last year was a mid 90's stuffed fish on the surface next to the rocks when the bib seperated of the lure (big w el cheapo should have known better) and she slowy drifted back down to the bottom

Cheers Shane

Some young fellas pulled this one out of the river at Iluka. (Had to get a pic)

69cm on a berkley frenzy!! and 60cm on a dirty smelly prawn!!
    Last edited by smoked; 16-03-2008 at 08:49 PM.

hi guys and girls,

I just wanted to add a bit of interesting trivia of the local Taree/Forster area.

We were holidaying with the family back around 1969/70 when I saw this guy tow his runabout into the Tuncurry Mayo Caravan Park and pulled up near our van, then he dragged out this flathead weighing in at about 34lbs in the old scales.

This fish (I wouldnt have believed it unless i saw it!!) was pretty close to the same length as my 12 year old mate and its head was nearly as wide as his shoulders (my mate wasnt that big but he was'nt real short either). The record was also posted same day at the Forster RSL up on their wall of fame.

About a week/two weeks later (my memory only fades with time not length or weight hahaa!!) in the Manning River Times newspaper, there was a picture of another monster (caught in the Manning River) weighing in pretty close to the same weight give or take a pound.

As all fisho's do, and I am a great exponent of the stretched truth, but this one was weighed and recorded. The other one should be able to be traced through the Manning River Times or the Gloucester Advocate newspaper as listed above.

Cheers people

Terry

Hello Everyone,
    Well I was going to put up pic's of flathead catches.... after seeing some of the threads, I think I'll leave this one alone.
    Rosie.

79cm at the goldy[ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

Attachment 23386

This one i got about 15 years ago. still haven't beat'n it yet

96cm on a pilly tail at the rocks at mooloolaba year and a half ago... didnt have a bite all night, went to wind in, thought i was snagged and then it took off.

Was jsut reading Terry Hancock's post. My grand parents lived on the goldy since the 50's or so, before any development or anything. Grandad used to fish down near TSS. Anyhow got one that allegedly went 17 or 18kg. Had to get a passing picnicer to slide a rug under it to get it out of the water the story goes.

Didnt get a measure on any of these but thought you might like to look anyway. the one at night was caught at TSS as well.