Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yeppoon / Keppels - Deckie ??

Re: Yeppoon / Keppels - Deckie ??

guys a little off topic. but just wondering what size boats u guys run out to the keppels in.

i just bought a 4.6m Brooker centre colsole with a 40hp 2stroke mercury..... i'd be right to get out to Man&wife and barron on a good day right???

Mate has something similair you'll have no worries on a good day
    Jt
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

i regularly fish the islands in a four and half metre quintrex with a 60. I don't tolerate rough weather very well so I'm usually out on good days only. I'm yet to make it to Barren or Lisa Jane but am keen now that I've got a vhf radio.
    I have been to Man & Wife and regularly fish the Conical area. I tend to be fishing the southern bay a lot more recently as there are lots of close and easy options for little kids....if all else fails they've got to be really unlucky not to catch a cod or doggie on small plastics around Pelican or Divided.
    I know a bloke who regularly fishes Man & Wife and Barren in a 3.85m edge tracker, including the odd overnighter - I think he's mad but he reckons it's fine. Another guy often heads to Flat, Perforated, Manifold area in a 4.2m tiller steer dinghy, from Fishing Ck mostly, and often in the dark after work. Again, probably not my go!