Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WARNING! Crab Pot Thieves

Re: WARNING! Crab Pot Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    HI
    If you would have seen the ch 10 news 4/1/08 , 2 fishos fined $ 2000 for raiding pots,
    This is an excellent outcome.
    Does anybody know if this then stands as a theft conviction on the perpetrators record?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by plaztix View Post
    Exactly like you said 'if its not your property dont touch' and i have always practiced this this myself as a basic courtesy but if someone goes out of their way to steal or damage anything that belongs to me, then they obviously dont abide by this basic rule and will get what they deserve, try to stop me. Why should they be afforded the luxury of respect if they dont have any themselves.

If you wanna sit on your ass and let people rip you off go for it but if you think the cops (authorities) are gonna do anything about a couple of $7 crab pots your a dope.

I had 8 good pots (over $400 worth of gear) knocked off a few years ago and i had a pretty good idea i knew who it was but the cops didn't want to know about it, so stick that in your goody 2 shoes pipe and smoke it.
    Are you 100% sure it's them. Just givin a scenario, You slash the wrong persons tyres and he happen to be a pension who can't afford to fix the the car, let alone fish.

If we can take the laws in our hands, we don't need cops or he court system, heck why do we need the government either.

I've had pots stolen, but a thief will eventually get caught. Another point. If you know the person doing it, get them on video camera as evidence.

Question Re: WARNING! Crab Pot Thieves

Disorderly
    If you are convicted of any criminal act, you must go down on the books.
    Drop in see the DPI People they will tell you the information on the fines & how to go about getting these offenders caught, you can obtain the DPI HOT LINE on their business cards.
    Cheers Ged

One of my brothers mates goes crabbing quite a lot and is sick of getting his pots raided/stolen by share farmers (crab pot theives).
    A couple of times he has even given chase after hearing them raid his pots as he was fishing in the area near where he had set the pots..
    There was a confrontation when he caught up with them but the pot raiders denied doing it.
    There was nothing he could do. (Within the law anyway).
    He said the next time he puts the crab pots in he will thread/tie fish hooks at intervals along the crab pot rope to deter thieving.
    He said after they get hooked a few times maybe they will stop doing it.
    At the time of talking to him I believe he was quite serious about doing this.

I have talked to others about this issue.
    I was told some of the pro fishos in metropolitan areas attach razor wire to the crab pot rope at different intervals.
    This has been a successful deterrant.

Would you risk getting your hands carved up by razor wire again ??

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Are you 100% sure it's them. Just givin a scenario, You slash the wrong persons tyres and he happen to be a pension who can't afford to fix the the car, let alone fish.

If we can take the laws in our hands, we don't need cops or he court system, heck why do we need the government either.

I've had pots stolen, but a thief will eventually get caught. Another point. If you know the person doing it, get them on video camera as evidence.
    Mate, you are asking the same questions and making the same statements as have already been made. Read my posts and take what you want from it.

If you don't like my take on it, don't steal my pots and you'll be right.