Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Save Moreton Bay Rally

This is the deal.

A car/boat rally is being held in Brisbane on Saturday 15th December 2007.

A muster point will be located near Eagle Farm and then proceed to Brisbane City.

Others will be joining us from Nth Coast and Sth Coast.

There will be a flyer posted on this thread very soon and it will be in PDF form so you can download it and turn it into your own poster for your vehicles.

Further info will be added during the week.

For now, muster at 10am, start at 11am.

The aim of this is:-

to bring attention to the plight of the recreational fishers of Moreton Bay.

The Politics of preferences in exchange for person gain

The EPA's own inablilty to accept scientific data to manage the bay

and really to let the public and members of parliament know that we will not take these absurd proposals lying down.

Plans are underway to have high profile people attend and have as much media coverage as possible.

This is a great opportunity to show the strength and resolve of the recreational Fisher Folk of Moreton Bay.

This is a "MUST " attend event. Please return to this thread on a daily basis for updates and detailed information.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Sign me up Phill

Do you have a logo to identify the fight for Bay access?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Yeh like the Mary River Dam ppl had, "Save Mary River" in that triangle thing

logo should be a pineapple

It is essential that this rally is HUGE. A small turnout will do more harm than good. I urge everyone to notify all their fishing friends and make sure they are coming. There were about 300 at the rally immediately before the last State election. Lets see if we can get 1000!

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

I will print the poster off and stick them under the wipers of cars with trailer at toorbul boat ramps. Hope that might raise few more boat. Maybe we should target a few bait and tackle store counter also.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

i will be there....keep me posted with necessary info.

really need a good roll up....i've told evry1 one i know that will be affected in the hope they will get off their *** and come too.

in the past i've been the one to say "the rest of em will sort it out" but now its got to a point where its plain to see that evry single one of us needs to be there.

i no longer fish the bay much as i'm in noosa but i know how much it means to the ppl that do regularly, cause i was once in their shoes. I do fish the passage quite regularly though, which has been affacted. Im taking the day off work (im self employed in the retail sector) to come rally with everyone, and, will in all honesty lose $$$$ in my business on the saturday while im not there(XMAS is coming quick). WORTH EVERY CENT OF THE SACRIFICE!! for it was Moreton Bay that was the building blocks to my passion for fishing.

LETS ALL GET BEHIND THIS RALLY AND TRY TO MAKE SURE THESE CLOSURES ARE A LITTLE BIT MORE REALISTIC FOR THE GREATER MORETON BAY USER COMMUNITY>

cheers,
    Nipper

Well said , good to see a lot of support i'll be there and i am telling as many boaties as i can . When will the poster be up ? i make signs at work and im thinking of trying to make a big banner to stand up in the boat for the trip .

Hi guys,

Am asking a mod to help with the flyer as it is over the 100kb limit (its only 214k but still).

Be up very soon.

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

hope this is ok.
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 05-12-2007 at 09:54 PM.

4Reel is in.
    Hows about email the flyer to the dealerships, baitshops, tackle shops etc as well.
    What about the MBAA. It would be good to have them with us.

Can we make sure we are all in one big cohesive convoy instead of being broken into small groups like last time.
    We also need to have some good speakers to give the media a good presentation.
    Cheers
    Stue.

Phil,
    mate that wont print properly at that resolution, mate email it to me uncompressed at home, ill conform it in Photoshop and send it back to you at A4,
    cheers
    Mike
    Tangles KFC

Phill/Chris

Email me the original file and I will host it on my website as a downloadable link, then people can print it out.

derek@aussiecampovencook.com

Derek

That's the day and time sorted.
    Is there any other details like exactly what is going to happen??
    Cheers then
    Scott
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

the poster / flyer is being re-jigged and will be available tomorrow.

Phill