Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Re: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Its all good exposure. I sat in behind Nugget and he drew a lot of attention from passers by. It did look impressive when we stopped to help Phill with his dodgy nissan so often and you could see a line of boats stretched into the distance.

Well done to both Chris and Phill for getting this off the ground and lets all make the next one bigger and better

Cheers

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Good to see a fair turnout I thought there would have been more.

Did get good exposure, I saw plenty of people stopping for a good look.

Congratulations to the minsters rep he held up well and generally answered most questions

Thanks to Chris and Phil also to Nugget for his inspirational speech

That was the hold up, bloody Phil !

I can't talk on the way home I got two flat tyres 5klms apart and ended up getting the boat towed home on a tilt tray
    Last edited by Black_Rat; 15-12-2007 at 04:45 PM.

You made the evening news down here in Sydney.

Sorry to hear that Damo.

The Ch10 news had a 30sec grab - that's much better than nothing and now we have something to work on. Next one we take it from a 30sec to 2 minutes!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by billfisher View Post
    You made the evening news down here in Sydney.
    So we went National.
    Cheers,
    Chris

pretty good turnout i reckon and we sure did turn heads! if not for the fact that we were clogging traffic!!

was good to be part of it, and I look forward to the next rally - Brissy river here we come!

i saw the news and thought what a great effort at such short notice for this to get as much exposure as it did - its a credit to ALL of the organisers and of course all of us who turned up. Nugget's involvement is priceless due to the media exposure he can create so a big thumbs up to you mate!

cheers,
    Mick

30 seconds !!! more like 10, but then again I reckon if we had a pollie or two there we would have had more media interest. That WILL happen on the next one.

Amazing how many times I had to stop to cool down the new gearbox !!

I received many good comments on the day, but overall people were / are not well informed about the issues at hand. This WILL change.

Over the Xmas break I urge you to bring the subject of the Bay closures up with friends and relatives. I cannot stress enough how important this is.

If you require a brief outline of the nitty gritty, please pm me or Chris or stay tuned here for links to great info that is factual and NOT Green propaganda.

Thanks again to all who attended and gave up a little time for a very important issue.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I'd like to thank all those that gave up a day of almost perfect boating weather to stand in the heat and have their say about the future of fishing in Moreton Bay.
    I'd also like to thank Chris and Phill for giving me the opportunity to address the crowd - it was a privilege and a pleasure.
    We should also thank Channel Ten Chief of Staff (and a good mate) for getting the issue on the national news – which is not easy to do – believe me!
    The few seconds or so that went to air might not seem much but the more noise we can make the better – especially on a national level.
    Hopefully it will be picked up by the other networks next time – and there must be a next time!
    I’ll continue to be outspoken for what I think is a hypocritical injustice, it’s a shame there aren’t more people in the fishing media - especially Tv - using their resources to do the same.

Nugget ><>
    Last edited by Nugget; 15-12-2007 at 06:49 PM.

It was a great day out and good practice for the next rally. Particulary the sign writing bit.
    It is really good to see such a great friendly cross section of the fishing community coming together.Well done to all.
    I took a few pics but had a seniors moment with the camera. Darn.
    Many many thanks to Channel 10 for covering the event.
    Cheers
    Stue

5 sec, 10 sec - either way it made national news. Nugget you are a legend for getting that done. Thanks mate.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Hopefully there will be a lot more fishing media personalities who join us for the next one. Having Nugget onboard gave a lot of credibilty to the event and hopefully a few more will join him .

We need a gimmick to get the other channels interested .
    Maybe we do the next one in our jocks and the slogan will be FISHOS STRIPPED OF THEIR RIGHTS

Until next time

Cheers

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Today was certainly a day to be proud of, as I certainly am, and everyone contributed as much as they could in their own way.

It amazes me however, just how many boats went past us who were npt part of our convoy while waiting at our rendezvous spot on the Gateway. Keep up the good work Chris, Dave, Gary, Phil and many others, hopefully other fisherman will get the message that we need to band together.

Sorry for holding up the works in Edward street for just a minute or two, but when a man and women walk up to your car and tap on the window to ask what all the boats were about, I had to oblige The only question is did I pass my test Chris?? I was stoked this guy supported us 110% and is probably looking at this website right now! Cooincidence we were talking on the phone at that exact moment!

Well done all!!

Scalem
    Last edited by Scalem; 15-12-2007 at 09:40 PM.

You blokes made the news down here in the Riverina and it looked good, what there was of it,there was a lack of info as to the reasons you thought Gov was wrong but they did get in that the closures were neccessary for long term sustainability.
    Good show and keep it up.

I concur, with all before, great job Chris and Phill.

I think Chris was very professional and really looks the part. Maybe he could/should be our new leader of the Australian Lifestyle Party (whoops - that's ALP)?

And Nuggett was the nail in the coffin.

After starting off very dejected this morning (to my amazement, there was bugger all support from my area - Cleveland/Thornlands) I now feel confident we have something and really look forward to 9 February. I will endeavor to get my APATHETIC area involved as much as possible before the Bris River event.

Merry Xmas to all.

ET

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Maybe we do the next one in our jocks and the slogan will be FISHOS STRIPPED OF THEIR RIGHTS
    Or REC FISHERMAN READY FOR THE NEXT SHAFTING

cheers fnq

Good job to all, would like to have been along, maintain the rage!