Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Re: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Anyone heading from Thornlands/Cleveland area? Would be good to go along Old Cleveland Rd together towards Gateway.
    In midst of "decorating my loved-one" - see pic

Et

I have to work tomorrow so i cant be there . the boss is not a fisherman so he is not concerned . I will watch for the boats along gympie road as I work my little ass off to try toget an early finish so as I can maybe join the convoy later .
    good luck to all I think we are going to need it .
    cheers fae haggis ..................................

Be there !

or forever hold your tounge on this subject

See you after 11am

Good luck Blokes!!!

haggis, just because your boss is not a fisho, doesn't mean this does not concern him.

His kids might want to fish, grandkids, brothers and sisters or wife.

Further, the Greens policy here is just a start and it goes as far as locking out people from National Parks all over Australia. Not just 4 x 4's, motorbikes etc, but campers, horse riders, bush walkers and bird watchers.

The subject of todays protest rally is only the tip of the Radical Green Iceberg,

It is not just about green zones , the Greens are hell bent on destroying our Australian Lifestyle. AND ALL WITH NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE TO BACK THEIR CLAIMS.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Last minute question

Has there been an assembly point for those on the Redcliffe Pennisula to meet up before the move to the city?
    I'm assuming the park immediately before the bridge would be the go.

Ian

well,. that was fun :-)

Bailed before we got to West End, toddler in the back was getting a bit bored.

Congrats to the organisers, and all who attended.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it, and I was pleased to see heaps of us turned out.

i give that fella from the ministers office 10-10, at least he had the balls to show,
    he had no anwsers though.
    i reakon the idea on the brisbane river is the go, hopefully the pro fish community can be involved aswell/

cheers

lippa

ps.

hows ya gearbox?
    get that temp down?

BE WATCHING CHANNEL 10 NEWS TONIGHT.

Just had a call from the station to clarify some information for the segement going to air on the news tonight. Suspect it will only be a quick grab but something is better than nothing. Of course it could still get bumped if some other breaking story comes through but hopefully the rally segment will get to air.

Congratulations to Chris, Phill and everyone else involved. There's is a long way to go, but it was a good solid turn out at short notice.

i give that fella from the ministers office 10-10, at least he had the balls to show,
    he had no anwsers though.
    I have seen that poor bugger at 3 different meetings now. Always the same response, 'I don't have any answers, I am here to gather feedback for the minister'. Whatever they are paying him it's not enough. Would be nice if someone who did know the answers would show up for a change but I won't hold my breath waiting.

Well done guys - not a bad turn up for pretty short notice.

Who was getting in the wrong lane all the time

Guys,

Thanks so very much for turning up and participating in the rally today. I know it was short notice and the man upstairs gave us a good fishing day but you still came along and that means a lot to me. We had somewhere over 120 there and behaviour on the roads was fantastic. I am sorry it dragged on a little to start with. When we left, I bought up the rear of the parade and looking up Ann St with bumper to bumper traffic towing boats was a sight to behold.

I will have some pics coming soon taken by a freelance photographer I had there on the day. If you have any please email them to me when you can. Anyone of you with video recorders can I please have a copy as well. I will collate the questions asked of the EPA guy and send them to the Ministers office and ask for a written answer - so if you have any more to add please send them to me soon.

Dave Downie - a big thank you for your participation and continued support.

The river one will be bigger and better. With more time and more planning (and hopefully some more $$) we will make our point. Imaging sitting on the banks of the river then line after line of boats come around the bend - THIS will put us on the map. I will need help and have already had offers from some fantastic and well skilled people but for us to make an impact like I just mentioned, we need 10 times more boats at least.

To Phil - what a champion. Your efforts in helping me with this were huge and I can't thank you enough.

So lets see what Ch10 get on air, but have a Merry and Safe Christmas and New Years and please be careful on the roads and water.

Tight Lines all
    Chris
    Last edited by Chris Ryan; 15-12-2007 at 02:51 PM.
    Cheers,
    Chris

we caused abit of traffic chaos through the valley, thanks to all. good to be pro active and not sit on the sidelines, sure turned a few heads. my gearbox got hot out the front of parliment as well. will be watching the news tonight
    DS

Well done to everyone for turning up to this rally especially because it would have been a nice morning on the water as well. To me it was just something that had to be done. If we keep it up then someone eventually will notice. I think that the turnout was exceptional and once again a pat on the back to Chris, Phill in particular for the hard work you put in. For a little while I thought every man and his dog turned up. Here are some photos as proof.

Poodroo

Well that was a different way to spend a Saturday morning.
    Being stuck so many times behind that Navara that kept breaking down. Really Phil, you need to have that seen to.
    Well done to Chris and Phil!!!! You guys did a fantastic job, and that showed by the great turnout on short notice, and also the care and commitment of so many of us who went to a rally instead of enjoying the top weather doing something else. Good on us!!!
    A special mention must also go to Nugget, for his speech, that was so full of commitment and passion.
    As for the minister's spokesman, what more could you expect but someone who would tow the party line, and couldn't/wouldn't answer any of our questions. If he was there to gather information for the minister, like he said, he didn't like it when I asked him about his notes.
    Looking forward to the next rally, but the Patrol does not swim too good, so may need to bum a lift with someone.
    Graham.