Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Re: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Added benefit it gives the impression of a wider range of fishos as well, not just boats

mike
    Tangles KFC

??i'm puting this so i can find this thread again as i too am waiting for the poster.
    and as you can see not a computer junky .

Regards

mod5

around how many are you predicting will turn out and do you think this will attaract media coverage?

The gods must be unhappy with me, The last 2 days most of the posters I stuck under ppls wipers have gotten wet. I'm resorting to putting them inside freezer bags atm. Hope it get to some ppls and make them come.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

loophole - it is hard to ascertain the numbers but the response has been fantastic. For me it is more important on coming, than how many will be there to be honest. The more boats, and cars with rods and the poster or hand made sign with the slogans on them the better. I have put the call out to get 1000 there, that is the challenge set and I think we will get close to it if people are truly dedicated to this issue and showing how pissed off they are by joining their fellow fisherman doing this rally.

I am arranging media coverage and guests to arrive for the muster time before the convoy departs.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    loophole - it is hard to ascertain the numbers but the response has been fantastic. For me it is more important on coming, than how many will be there to be honest. The more boats, and cars with rods and the poster or hand made sign with the slogans on them the better. I have put the call out to get 1000 there, that is the challenge set and I think we will get close to it if people are truly dedicated to this issue and showing how pissed off they are by joining their fellow fisherman doing this rally.

I am arranging media coverage and guests to arrive for the muster time before the convoy departs.

Cheers,
    Chris

g day chris thanks for your reply i was just currious as to how much of a presence when can atain.

yes it would really stand out if ppl were to tow boats big and small and have the posters flyers made and yes would we be in one big convoy?

atm i would like to attened but im only 16 and havent my provisional license yet

so ive printed a flyer out to give to the old man to convince him to attened
    WITH BOAT IN TOW
    hope i can be there

cheers reece

Hey reece - mate good luck with getting him out. If he doesn't want to tow the boat, just get him to come with the car and stick some rods in/on it.

The best you can also do is spread the word to your mate who like fishing and get their dads/brothers/mothers/uncles/sisters etc to come too. It is really only a couple of hours we are asking people to donate to a cause for their benefit as much as yours and mine.

Keep fishing and keep up the fight!

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Chris - regardless of the turn up I just want to commend you on the drive and enthusiasm you have brought to a lot of these activities since you first started getting involved. You have certainly walked the talk so good on you.

Cheer

Greg

Thanks Greg.

I am just a family man passionate about keeping a pastime I grew up with open for my son (and new bub due soon) to enjoy. I got involved in all this because of this single fact.

If I don't stand up and do something, I have absolutley no right to bitch and compalin about things when it changes against me. I see this a moral duty to my family as well as the fishing public as well to raise the awareness and get us all together.

The days of "she'll be right" are long gone. She ain't right, and she'll be gone soon if we don't stop that attitude in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the support mate.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Hi Phill,

My apologies......I can't make it this weekend as i'm on Roster at VMR Jacobs Well.
    I hope you get enough to show our concerns in this matter..i will however tell as many people i know to get them there on the day.
    Good luck with this opportunity to show them we do care what goes on....

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Chris - regardless of the turn up I just want to commend you on the drive and enthusiasm you have brought to a lot of these activities since you first started getting involved. You have certainly walked the talk so good on you.

Cheer

Greg

Hear, Hear ... Many Thanks Chris and Phill

Have mastered a bit of sign writing, all is prepared.
    See you all in there tomorrow morning.
    Look out for those new fixed speed camera's.
    Cheers
    Stue

I'll see you there,
    Greg P make sure you knock on the windscreen,
    4wd Challenger in Gold towing a good old V17L Haines in orange with rods (the crappy ones) in the rocket launcher.
    Cheers BB

The boys from the south will make a fair statement coming over the gateway Bridge, for those with e-toll, please stay in line, and all others, use the same pay toll furthest to the left out of the main flow of traffic. Once through the toll, go a little slower if possible so the rest can catch up, being courteous to other drivers not being part.

Stragglers, we are moving from the truck stop at 9.45am at the lastest, so if you are not there, see you at Eagle Farm!!!

Scalem
    Last edited by Scalem; 14-12-2007 at 09:41 PM.