Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Re: Save Moreton Bay Rally

I'm from the west side. Is anyone heading from this way????

Very specific details will be posted over the weekend in relation to " Muster " locations and how to get there etc.

Details on behaviour, do's and don'ts, possible outcomes for unexpected events, answers to questions, information to be passed on should you be approached by media or pollies or members of the public,

stay tuned people.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi Timdo - I am west - Ipswich west mate. Where are you? I will be there early though to set stuff up, seeing as I am one of the co-ordinators for this I better huh...!!
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Chris - if there is a big turn up of trailer boats it maybe a better option to muster along Lomandra Drive as there is a lot of room along that road to get the formation organised.

Just an idea
    Hey Greg,

Bloody good idea that one, and we will use that if it looks like we are running out of room - then can join the two together for the 11am run. Bit hard to ascertain numbers now but I know a lot of people are doing a lot of work getting the flyers around which is going gang busters.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

I'll be there, if anyone has a rendezvous point on the southside planned, a few of us will join up before heading over.

Scalem

you have just nominated yourself,, Brian. well done.

Phill

i reckon a huge line of boats over the gateway bridge would attract a fair bit of attention!

where are we all hooking up beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    you have just nominated yourself,, Brian. well done.

Phill
    You make a good leader or manager Phil, you deligate really well

OK, let's name it now for the benefit of those at the M&G tomorrow at Vicci point. I nominate the truck stop headed north along the gateway, which is .... I think just before the Old cleveland road off ramp. We'll plan to be at Eagle Farm 30 mins before departure time.

Update during the week.

Scalem

Excellent spot Brian.
    Room for lots of people and exposure whilst waiting
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

be careful if you decide to gather on Lomandra Drive..part of the airport complex and under the watchful eyes of the AFP's Protective Services group...they may not appreciate all the people there.

Hey, should this post be made a sticky. Just a thought.
    Any ideas for making big posters for the boat. Im a lousy sign writer.
    Thanks Stue

This is about to go sticky.

Further, if you don't have a poster / flyer etc.. tape a Aussie flag to the boat / car, red flag.... !! get ya dog to stick his nose out the window.... anything will attract the attention of people.

Go to vinnies and buy a white sheet for $1, then paint a slogan on it.

This is a short notice rally, BUT it will NOT be the last by any means.

Tonight full details will be posted here....

maps and route and muster points and other stuff

a FAQ sheet

email add's of MLA's

MLA's office address's ( should you wish to visit them with boat in tow )

Nugget is right as we well know and have been espousing.... exposure of unrest is NOT what pollies want......

Must go to work........ more later

" Green Zones do NOT stop Pollution "

" Fix the water NOT the Fisho "

" Common Sense, Not preference "

" Save Our Bay "

Cheers Phill

add yourself to my ' Rally " mailing address for up-to-date info and downloads....

kingfisher.ps@optusnet.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    You make a good leader or manager Phil, you deligate really well

OK, let's name it now for the benefit of those at the M&G tomorrow at Vicci point. I nominate the truck stop headed north along the gateway, which is .... I think just before the Old cleveland road off ramp. We'll plan to be at Eagle Farm 30 mins before departure time.

Update during the week.

Scalem
    see below for reason why removed post
    Last edited by mik01; 08-12-2007 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mik01 View Post
    it is a coles express, and its located on the southbound offramp for old cleveland rd - see pic...
    to access it from the south, take the old cleveland rd exit and turn right under the gateway hwy, then immediately turn left at the lights.

ps - that section of the offramp is a 2 way street up to Boston rd, so no worries about driving up there!
    Where Scalem is talking about is an actual truck stop before the Old Cleveland road exit on the Gateway arterial road itself. You do not have to exit the main Gateway arterial road to get to it. I am sure that Scalem and I will be there ahead of everyone so just look out for the red fibreglass 15ft Mustang and the old Quintrex tinny. Both boats will be towed behind Pajero 4wd's. I guess if we need to be at the main rendezvous point to meet up with the rest of the convoy then we should set a definite time to leave the truck stop which should be around 9:15am?

Regards,

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 08-12-2007 at 09:02 AM.

oh!!! - you mean the pull off area off the side of the gateway?
    ok yeah sorry - worked in the service station industry for a couple of years and a truckstop means a servo truckstop.

important that you specify clearly guys as I reckon quite a few like me would be scratching their heads.

ok never mind all - will remove the post so there's no more confusion.

cheers,
    Mick