Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Re: Save Moreton Bay Rally

Can we make sure we are all in one big cohesive convoy instead of being broken into small groups like last time.
    We also need to have some good speakers to give the media a good presentation.
    Cheers
    Stue.
    These are excellent points, and are along the lines of those mentioned by others in various related posts, but I think we need to keep in mind that there is not a lot of time to organise this. So I would like to think that even if this one does not run as smoothly as we would like, that we are not too hard on the organisors. I think it's important to get out on the road asap even if it means that everything is not quite in order they way it would be if the organisors had more time on their side.

Keep in mind that this draft zoning plan will not be finalised until March next year, I am sure there will be many other activities planned between now and then. So regardless of how smoothly this one goes, remember this is just one action of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    These are excellent points, and are along the lines of those mentioned by others in various related posts, but I think we need to keep in mind that there is not a lot of time to organise this. So I would like to think that even if this one does not run as smoothly as we would like, that we are not too hard on the organisors. I think it's important to get out on the road asap even if it means that everything is not quite in order they way it would be if the organisors had more time on their side.

Keep in mind that this draft zoning plan will not be finalised until March next year, I am sure there will be many other activities planned between now and then. So regardless of how smoothly this one goes, remember this is just one action of many.
    It must be kept in mind also that if the rally seems like an un-organised bunch of yobbo's then that is the perception the general public has imprinted in their mind and that would be extremely counter-productive to the cause especially seeing that some time is on hand to arrange other things (if possible).

But to the organisors.....thanks fellas. All your blood's worth bottling for the effort
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

The full details with maps etc will be posted on this thread over the weekend.

There will also be further information pertaining to the why's and why nots of the Zoning.

We will endeavour to keep the rally as organised as possible. With out a fund to do this, it is up to poeple attending to download the flyer / poster when i post it up and display that. Even chucking rods in bullbar rodholders will help.

OK, so if we are a tad disorganised, the public that see us on the street will make up there own mind, but the snippets and edited stuff that hits the Tele will make us look like a Lean Mean Fighting Machine.....

Take for instance, a couple of grabs of a long line of protest vehicles and then they'll cut to some high profile people espousing the disparages of the zoning plan.

I even hope the reporters will ask a couple kids about this situation,,,, the kissing baby thing always evokes emotion....

Shoot, look at the time, I must go and make a quid to pay the bills.

Stay tuned friends.........

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    The full details with maps etc will be posted on this thread over the weekend.

There will also be further information pertaining to the why's and why nots of the Zoning.

We will endeavour to keep the rally as organised as possible. With out a fund to do this, it is up to poeple attending to download the flyer / poster when i post it up and display that. Even chucking rods in bullbar rodholders will help.

OK, so if we are a tad disorganised, the public that see us on the street will make up there own mind, but the snippets and edited stuff that hits the Tele will make us look like a Lean Mean Fighting Machine.....

Take for instance, a couple of grabs of a long line of protest vehicles and then they'll cut to some high profile people espousing the disparages of the zoning plan.

I even hope the reporters will ask a couple kids about this situation,,,, the kissing baby thing always evokes emotion....

Shoot, look at the time, I must go and make a quid to pay the bills.

Stay tuned friends.........

Phill
    Oh do you mean those so called protrusions on the bull bars that are supposed to be illegal Phill? Bugger I don't have a bull bar but I will have the boat with the appropriate flyer on it and the kids seem real keen to tag along because they want to be on the news. lol

Poodroo

It must be kept in mind also that if the rally seems like an un-organised bunch of yobbo's then that is the perception the general public has imprinted in their mind and that would be extremely counter-productive to the cause especially seeing that some time is on hand to arrange other things (if possible).
    I agree with Phill, this is more about the media exposure than those people who actually see the boats and cars taking part in the protest.

Just on the point of media, have the papers, tv and radio stations been contacted in advance about this? Or is there a plan to do it well in advance with a reminder phone call just prior to the event?

Keep up the good work fellas.

Count me in !! Will consider pulling the boat , can i just ask out of curosity who is taking their boat along ?
    Mick

Dont forget to ring 1800 105 787 and leave yiur name and address so that they send you a printed hard copy. This will leave you peruse it at your leisure and then send in a submission.
    I find it difficult to jump back and forward using the pdf file.
    Using a hard copy leaves you to really study it and make notes etc.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    Dont forget to ring 1800 105 787 and leave yiur name and address so that they send you a printed hard copy. This will leave you peruse it at your leisure and then send in a submission.
    I find it difficult to jump back and forward using the pdf file.
    Using a hard copy leaves you to really study it and make notes etc.
    Cheers
    Ray

The above number is not connected. Try 1800 105 789

Everyone who has a boat should be towing it on the day.

Phill

The EPA will no doubt use any means they can to discount any submissions made to their draft proposal for the bay closures. On their web site it states that any submissions MUST directly refer to an appropriate section of the proposal and not just a simple statement that the whole thing sucks! (as we all know it does). Is there anyone out there who has the experience to write a detailed reply to this proposal addressing all the relevant issues that all of us can then copy and forward on our own behalf?

Like most of you out there when I start thinking about what to write all I see is red and I start thinking about creative ways to show some EPA staff member how much wildlife is really out in the bay (preferrably the ones with big teeth).

Stuart, there is currently a 2 page letter being drafted pertaining to this that the AFLP will release very soon.

The MBAA is also in the advanced stages of counter-proposals.

Others have also been typing away, getting a submission ready.

Believe me, there are many many people and groups making big statements about this and will submit their thoughts to the EPA in due course.

The AFLP and our aim is to bring media and public attention to this ( call us the militants if you like ! ) and we will continue to do this through various means until the March cut off date............ and maybe even then continue.

Phill

Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 06-12-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Phil, posters look good, but I think they need to be posted as pdf files. I cannot print it as posted as only half the poster shows on the print preview.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Phil, posters look good, but I think they need to be posted as pdf files. I cannot print it as posted as only half the poster shows on the print preview.

Jeremy
    See here for print details

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=120744

i'll definitely have the boat in tow, and i know a few guys who will too. won't have the impact without it!