Thread: Fish Eagle Lures

Fish Eagle Lures

Has anyone tried or know anything about "Fish Eagle" skirt lures?? I picked up a couple the other day as they looked OK and were on sale. The model is "75g Firehead (High-speed)" about 6" long and come fully rigged with 2x 6/0's. I'm guessing they'd be good for about 7-8 knots but any info/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Blue

Re: Fish Eagle Lures

Blue, good to 14 knots for me, spanish wahoos etc got the first spanish of the season off sandy cape on one, i rigged them myself so dont know how suitable the rig they come with is.
    rob

Thanks Rob,
    I'm a complete newbie with skirted lures
    It's rigged on wire so should be OK for Spanish/Wahoo
    What do you think?

Blue

Close up of hooks

Blue just started using a few myself. Tried a treble on the back of one and it worked a treat. Just caught a heap of trevors and mackeral on them. They dont hold up to good though.

thats fine blue, keep the hooks sharp and get a couple of rigs, they get bent up quiet quickly. often wondred why they rig with 2m of wire when 30cm keeps most bite offs at bay and you actually catch more ???

blue- make sure you use a donger on the fish before trying to get the hooks out... you probably already do this... but its even more important to do so with a double hook rig.. 2 hooks, a set of super sharp teeth a soft fingers/hands dont mix!!

The Firehead 140g works wonders for me and accounts for 75% of my catch. We travel at 7 knots and that lure holds well even in nasty seas.
    Based in Lae, PNG and the only thing I have found is that the Spanish are hard on the skirts (no different to any other skirted lure).

Quote Originally Posted by mackmauler View Post
    thats fine blue, keep the hooks sharp and get a couple of rigs, they get bent up quiet quickly. often wondred why they rig with 2m of wire when 30cm keeps most bite offs at bay and you actually catch more ???
    why 2mts of wire to help prevent tail chop offs. they work well on wahoo and dolphin fish. hook rig will hold up i have had no problems with them.