Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mail order gulps sized by customs

Re: mail order gulps sized by customs

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    BINGO Heath! The only appropriate course of action is to bring the product to the relevent authorities and inform them that these products may lack compliance, just look at the child poisoning episodes of not long ago (still continuing, didn't stop or start with the latest ones).

The government doesn't look after us, they await for physical damage to a human is done before considering it may be important enough to spend some uninteresting time on or a complaint and wait in line. Who knows what is in these things pack by pack.

cheers fnq
    ok mate that sounds fair but they have stopped my 2 pkts but let in a million to importers thats my point if its good anough for big business why not me i mean the biggest idiot in the world can see there is no difference my pkts are same as theirs if my 2 pkts have to be quaranttined what about there million pkts aussi quarantine has the info that this product is ok so what the
    Last edited by wayneoro; 04-12-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: more info

Cool Re: mail order gulps sized by customs

Wayneoro, maybe your mate John Howard was getting back at you for not supporting small business , or maybe it was a nuclear issue , or just maybe the sky is going to fall . Whatever the reason is, rules are rules.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but many of these AQUIS/customs rules are just bullshit.
    Nothing more than a ruling written on a piece of paper that can change at the drop of a hat.
    I am very close to somebody that regularly imports certain products that have recently been deemed illegal to import and shipments have recently been siezed and destroyed .
    After futile attempts to convince the authorities (Pencil pushers with just enough power to be dangerous but not enough to actually think for themselves)that these items have been imported regularly over previous years and phone call and email after phone call and email yielding nothing but constant headaches a solution was found.
    Just simply change the name of the banned import to something that is not banned .Works a treat for these particular products.
    Its a shame to have to go to these lengths to overcome knuckleheaded beaurocracy but commonsense was left behind ages ago.

Already ahead of you disorderly for a bit of an import test as so to speak.... will let you know how it pans out.

Someone at the other end just needs to get their hands a bit sticky
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

yes i have already bought in quite a few all had been opened and passed by customs so maybe this is a individual thing but the wording of emails from ########### made it sound like they are on customs back to stop people like me what is offered on ebay is old unsold or newer harder to sell gulps shops that have gone under that sort of thing i bought bunch gulps would never have at normal price just stocking up spare bait incase i receved a email from ########### stating that it would be best for them and me to let this go, gee is that a veiled threat

last post bought 12 lots ebay usa 10 arrived 1 still missing 1 grabbed by customs all pkts had been opened and passed except 1 my guess is that if they have to open every parcel [smell maybe] someone on the staff got sick of it and sent 1 to q dept anyway i wont be buying anymore from the states

Quote Originally Posted by wayneoro View Post
    last post bought 12 lots ebay usa 10 arrived 1 still missing 1 grabbed by customs all pkts had been opened and passed except 1 my guess is that if they have to open every parcel [smell maybe] someone on the staff got sick of it and sent 1 to q dept anyway i wont be buying anymore from the states
    Bet you have that right.

cheers fnq