Thread: prawn flies

Question prawn flies

hello there all
    need to know.....which prawn fly wounld you use to catch a jack on?
    cheers

Re: prawn flies

Hi Mate,
    I came across a ##### little patten called the krystal charley by Gordon Macdonald. The patten is easy to tie and was has a proven background on beam,trevers tarpon and pike. Constrocted in the normal crazy charley patten on a mustard 34007 size 1 hook would in my thoughts be far to small and light for Jack. There is nothing to stop you ramping up the hook size and strength to give jack a run for his money. I will have a crack at tying a few and get some down to you soon. How is your little bass stalker going?

Bassbuster

Me Again,
    If your tracking jacks in the bad lands take a sek and have a geko at flyfisho,s warning about croc's in his speel on a "few GT's" in a previous thread.
    They can cover their tracks so well. I have seen this breed of croc down your part of the world.
    Bassbuster

hello there
    little stalker and myself have been good not much fishin been happening more working but hopfully next tuesday we get out how is life been up your end hope yr doing well ull have to come for a fish soon or sooner than u think now dont work to hard
    from us
    Last edited by spook76; 07-12-2007 at 08:20 PM. Reason: keyboard broken

M8, have a look @ this one. Called a Jack the Ripper created by Craig Jenkins.

http://www.strikezonesportsfish.com....SKU=1&startat=[startat]&index_no=3

I have tied it & it works well.. It'l catch anything it floats past.
    Definately worth a tie.
    cheers baldy