Thread: Jindalee Bridge?

Jindalee Bridge?

G'day, Im just curious to know if it is possible to fish under the bridge and of course is there any fish about?

Cheers, Mick.

Re: Jindalee Bridge?

Yeah it is possible to fish under their, and at this time of the year the salmon should be about (big ones) if your fishing bait live prawns are the go about ten cm long is ideal. Their is also a fair few bream about and also flatties. Oh and there will also be plenty of crabs about if that's your thing Cheers and good luck Chris

Awesome! thanks chrisallangler, is there any place to collect live prawns in the area?

Now I have a fishing spot on the way home from work!

Cheers, Mick.

castnet off the pontoon there you might get a few, also get mullet, which gives you a chance of a shark if you use a wire trace, Expect alot of catfish tho, heaeaaaps of big ones from 50 - 60cm around now.

Thanks gaintsquid, is a baitjig any good for mullet, herring etc of the pontoon as I usually catch myself more then any bait with a castnet

Cheers, Mick.
    Last edited by 84mick; 29-11-2007 at 02:05 PM.

Bait jigs are not to good in the river at all. Cast net is the way to go.

There have been a few salmon around Jindalee lately. And in my Bush & Beach article 2 months ago i used some pictures 2 mates sent me. One 60cm Cod and one 80cm. So good quality fish.

Angus

Thanks Angus, I guess people walking by will get a good laugh at me when casting then ;P I might try and get out there this weekend is the fun police lets me

I think I still have that B&B mag at work still so I'll have a look on monday

Cheers, Mick.

Also at the bottom of the tide there ar some monster eels with decent set of choppers too. dont handle these. Also use a small prawn trap with soap along the bank edge.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Soap as in the soap you use to wash your self?

Cheers, Mick.