Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awoonga Boat ramp-Anglers beware of scumbag thieves

Awoonga Boat ramp-Anglers beware of scumbag thieves

Hi all,
    Recent incidents at Awoonga boat ramp has prompted me to post this info.
    It was only a matter of time (although there has been other instances) but scumbags are now sniffing around the ramp looking for valuables.
    Trailer LED lights, shoes, tools and rods in rod tubes on car roofs have been knocked off in the past week.
    Its only a matter of time before they start cracking open windows and doors so leave ya valuables at camp or out of sight.
    Cheers
    Jas

Re: Awoonga Boat ramp-Anglers beware of scumbag thieves

It makes no suprise that these things are happening...unfortunately the world has people that think its easier to thieve then it is to earn. In no way do I condone this behaviour and I hope the offenders are caught and dealt with.

But in todays world, if you leave a rodtube (with rods in it) on your car roofracks then you are (once again, unfortunately) asking for it to go missing. Lock up your goods and dont tempt fate.

Simple - Just put a security guard on the gate and lock the place up overnight - say from 4.00pm to 6.00am it works well to prevent theft / vandalism & etc where I work at Lake Lenthall.

Not a single incident of theft or vandalism since December 18th 2006.

Cheers
    James

Seriously though it is ashame, LOCK YOUR GEAR UP.

Cheers
    James

thanks for the heads up jas, going there this weekend for the southern barra tour, hope the low lifes dont spoil it for the people who work hard for there gear

Thanks for the warning Jason'
    It could get messy if they get busted....... ouch!!

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Quote Originally Posted by Big_unit View Post
    Simple - Just put a security guard on the gate and lock the place up overnight - say from 4.00pm to 6.00am it works well to prevent theft / vandalism & etc where I work at Lake Lenthall.

Cheers
    James
    Then there would be two great impoundments in QLD that we cant fish at the prime times.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_unit View Post

Cheers
    James

No thanks James!
    There is no need for the fun police on this dam

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

it pisses me that low life arseholes can get away with taking gear that someone has worked hard for to purchase. like myself my gear would not be regarded as high as quality as some of you ausfishers but still is at an expense to replace. these theives should be draged by their ears to the timber and strung up. i hope you guys who have had gear stolen have contacted the rangers in regards to the issue. this crap has to stop.... i do not have the power to police the ramp myself but can instigate warning to all fishermen using our waterways.

cheers
    breambo
    WHERES THEM BREAM?

lock up will never happen at awoonga, it will only drive people away like it has at lenthals......
    WHERES THEM BREAM?

And to every one else in that area keep your eyes peeled for that sort of sh#t happening. It dumbfounds me how anyone can do anything secretive at Awoonga boat ramp when there are normally heaps of boats, cars and people around. If you see something happening take note of them or their car whatever and report it, or if you are that sort of type-sort it out. If you know what i mean. I hope they get caught and get strung up in front of every one there, to have crap piled on them
    Ben

Thanks for the heads up.... I'm dropping by for a fish this weekend too!

Cheers

Jim

Might have to set up a few decoys for these theiving pricks packing paint bombs into rod tubes or something. Then they can run the gauntlet on the way out through about 20 rottweilers trained to chew on all purple things.

Seriously, I do not think I would have sufficient control to report seeing pricks stealing or vandalizing otyher peoples belongings. I might do time but thye wont reoffend too quickly.

Jack.

Yes i would take matters into my own hands.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    Yes i would take matters into my own hands.
    Ben

Never thought I'd see the day where we would have to bring our gaff and fish priest to Awoonga Ben.......which one do you want mate?.......you're handy with both aren't you?

Seriously, what a contemptable act (the thefts that is). I thought fishing was meant to be a stress-free pastime, where we do our research, stalk our quarry and hook a metre plus prize.....looks like our sport now extends to the car park...say what's the minimum legal length for lake scum?

Paul