Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spearfishing?

Re: spearfishing?

Get over to adrenaline spearfishing shop at wooloongabba. the guys there know their stuff. Ive only been doing it a little while and i now enjoy it more than line fishing when the conditions are right. It opens your eyes to the underwater world and that will ultimately make you a better fisherman. For starters its easier to dive shallow reef <10m, or around headlands. Get out there and give it a go, im sure you will enjoy yourself!

G'day gleeza

Mate. I know what you mean about the age coming on, and yep the shallower the better for me. I also had my fair share of wobbies in the past, also abit weary of the old moray too. I dont mind the eastern crays, I use to live in Newcastle dived around Fisherman's Bay around Anna Bay in the Port Stephens area. Nice Abalones too. Speaking of which I have not tasted these for a long time. I think the abalone are not found in the area, around Port Macquarie I think is the cutoff area, mostly cold water they like. I'll send you a pm later and work something out. I need to get another wetsuit (again) some mongrel stole mine from my car a few years ago, dont know why, the bottom longjohns was ripped, the top and hood was still good though.

What type of wetsuit if any are you using? 3mm or 5mm thick?

Spearing yourself in the foot !!!!! JESUS CHRIST !!!!! are you fellas friggin mad and you swim around out there dont you know theres bloody big sharks out there.

I think i`ll stick to the old fashioned rod and reel thanks i seem to do ok with that !!

Quote Originally Posted by MONOSTRETCHO View Post
    dont you know theres bloody big sharks!!
    Yeah, they make good good bait but....!!

G'day monostretch and Simmo2,

Mate, where's your sense of adventure? I met a noah head on many years ago, only a wobbie but sure gave me an energy boost, I headed for the nearest rock and the old wobby went the other way, she was big, 8ft.

I'm still weary, more chance of being killed on the road with idiot drivers than in the ocean, lol

Hehe, where we have been diving out at Haycock, I have been commenting to all that will listen that I didnt see a Cray out there....
    Many a person has said 'thats shark alley...weren't you scared of the tigers?'.....
    Hehe, I think that the name shark alley came from when the prawn boats used to clean their nets behind Double island.....
    As they dont do this anymore, I'm sure the big sharks have lost interest and gone home.....!!!
    Unless that is home.... ;-o

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    G'day gleeza

Mate. I know what you mean about the age coming on, and yep the shallower the better for me. I also had my fair share of wobbies in the past, also abit weary of the old moray too. I dont mind the eastern crays, I use to live in Newcastle dived around Fisherman's Bay around Anna Bay in the Port Stephens area. Nice Abalones too. Speaking of which I have not tasted these for a long time. I think the abalone are not found in the area, around Port Macquarie I think is the cutoff area, mostly cold water they like. I'll send you a pm later and work something out. I need to get another wetsuit (again) some mongrel stole mine from my car a few years ago, dont know why, the bottom longjohns was ripped, the top and hood was still good though.

What type of wetsuit if any are you using? 3mm or 5mm thick?
    id be going the 5mm, it gets pretty cold down there doesnt it?>

G'day Vector,

Yep sure does, I think 5mm is the go