Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G-vibes. any good?

Question G-vibes. any good?

Hey,
    just wondering if anyone has had any success on Kokoda G-vibes for bass.
    They are a much cheaper alternative to jackalls and are a dead spit of a tn 60 i reckon.
    So if you have or just want to add something, that would be great
    cheers.

Re: G-vibes. any good?

yes have used both the g vibes and jackalls and both are good lures its the price thats the big difference and weight , both have caught fish for me but i think its how you use them. cheers bdowdy..brett

yea your right they are a biut different in weight
    thanks mate

Gvibes, I like to call them GAY - Vibes,
    Honestly mate i reckon its worth saving that little bit of extra money for a Jackall because Jackalls have better hardware and better rattle but most important colour, Gay-vibes have none compared to Jackalls so in all honestly get a Jackall...!!!!!!

G-vibes work, so do the berkley vibes aswell. Biggest difference is weight on the g-vibes but a bit of extra lead will fix that up. If your not going to be afraid to cast a g-vibe in amoungst a snag and loose it vs peppering the outside of a snag with a jackal then you will catch more with the g-vibe. If that isn't a problem, jackals have the game won.

Some days any lure will catch bass but when it's tough a jackall will win hands down, when it's super tough try a silent jackall or a mask. As long as you're in a boat get yourself a good tackle back and go for a couple of the real things.
    Natural colours like ayu, brown dog, gold & black, ghost wag & hl black are my favs.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by M62 View Post
    Some days any lure will catch bass but when it's tough a jackall will win hands down, when it's super tough try a silent jackall or a mask. As long as you're in a boat get yourself a good tackle back and go for a couple of the real things.
    Natural colours like ayu, brown dog, gold & black, ghost wag & hl black are my favs.
    Mike

I Couldnt of said it any better.....
    Just remember when fishing jackalls have confidence and dont worry about getting snagged because if you dont, think about it, bye bye fish of a lifetime

basskid . maybe you should try testing your angling skills with other lures you sound a bit anal.
    Just my opinion
    Nothing wrong with the G vibes I havent had a hook straightened yet .
    I would recomend these barra _mauler 001 give them a go.
    PETE MATE

i would agree with the others here,

Ive caught plenty on both gvibes and jackalls,
    initially i was only using gvibes as i didnt wana lose $20 lures,
    and yes i caught plenty of fish, but since growing the balls to throw the jackalls around i would say they are better in most circumstances.

I think if your fishing shallow water the gvibes would be better as they dont sink so quick thus they wouldnt hook on the bottom as easy but if your fishing deep water with minimal trees then go the jackalls,

Great lures mate,

Basskid, love the GayVibe tag haha

Yep caught bass on the g vibes,jackalls and the ecogear ones.The jackalls swim on the drop whereas the others dont , i think that may make a difference when its hard fishing but otherwise the others work pretty well if you ask me. Ben

the g vibes in the deep have better rattles and better weight distribution than the shallow and almost copy the jackall in usability and fish attraction

[quote=MORFIN;714514]basskid . maybe you should try testing your angling skills with other lures you sound a bit anal.
    Just my opinion

hahah thats funny that i am goin to borumba today for bass and toga on fly haha yer real anal and also jackalls arent even my favourite lurer a 1/2 oz smak spinnerbait in dr colour or a 1/2 oz ausspin in black and gold are mine. of course i use other lures hahahaha good one

We have caught plenty of fish on G-Vibes in certain colours only. Best colours depending on the day have been all white/clear and the ones with black & purple or orange in them. When you can get 3 for $10 at ##### they are great value and I stock up. Often we have had them outfish TN60's on a certain day. I still have jackells though and switch between depending on the conditions and mood.

Oh ok thanks.
    The other day at Cania I swam the paint off a jackall.. not even a touch... bit disappointed too. But i suppose it just wasn't the day. Then I put my old trusty $5.50 lure on and... hit!
    so any way thanks everyone that replied much appreciated.
    cheers, barra

This thread has just about been done to death! Do a Search on it and you will know what Im talking about.

Nothing wrong with G-Vibes... in shallower less turbent water they will outfish Jackalls anyday of the week (well.... for Sooties anyway). If I want to go deep with them, I just add a small Spilt Shot sinker about 7/10cm above my Loop knot and it gets it down just as good as a Jackall.

If you ask me, they should have 'Jackall-less' Bass events... too many Anglers 'fall back' on these Lures. Ask a Basser how he won a Tournament, and the word Jackall we always usually be there somewhere. Effective Lures that arn't too bloody hard to use! Go the Spinnerbaits!!!!!!!

Theo.
    TT