Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Townsville articifials 'Le Mans' Dec, 1

Re: Townsville articifials 'Le Mans' Dec, 1

Not much that I can add to that really. Mozza's got the good oil there.

I will say that plain white works too.

I've had a couple of fairly quiet weeks on the water. Fingers crossed that I can find my soft plastics mojo again before the end of the week.

See you all Saturday.

My missus and the boy will be at the barbie too.

Brian.

Am i the only one who is going to be staying away from the voodoo of these soft plastics?????

Have seen the "Conservation Volunteers" van parked down beside Bowen Rd Bridge yesterday. Probably doing some replanting around the shore/bikeway. Has anyone been down there yesterday, are any areas off access for a bit?
    I threw a few softies around behind bicentennial park on Sunday for not even a look however was usung 4" prawn (berkley - clear with gold glitter) and atomic prawn (pearl/pinkish about) about 4" too. Guessing they were too big. Plenty of fish feeding on the run in but I wasn't feeding them.
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

Hopefully this bit of rain will stir things up for us!!

Anyone able to give me a lift from aplins to rooney's tomorrow? I'll be leaving my car at aplins, so anyone wanting to leave eskies or anythign else for the BBQ can dump it in my car.

Dan, I'll do you a bit of a deal, I'll pick you up from aplins tomorrow and park at rooney's, and at the end of the day, could you take me back to rooney's to grab my car?

No worries mate. just chuck your esky or whatever in my car and i'll drop you back down at rooney's after the walk. What time you want me to meet you at aplins?

How does 12pm sound?, that way it will give us plenty of time to get to rooney's, and make any allowances if either of us are running late.

No worries mate. If anyone else wnats a lift back to Rooney's or wants to dump some stuff in my car at aplins, give us a yell. Bring on the rain tonight!

I think your going to get your wish Dan, starting to spit out in Annandale now.

dunno if ill make it, had a offerto go camping so Ill probably take that up. Good luck guys I went for a suss today along the aitkenvale side to see how acessable it is for fly fishing today. Didnt catch anything but plenty of bait action and lots of tidal flow.

Was quite a few small barra up around the weir this arvo also in amongst the rocks.

Okay guys, gals and sprogs,

Just to sum up a few things:

Scott and I will supply at least an esky each with ice, I'm packing my bbq and since I'm really close to Aplins, I'll leave my stuff at home and Curmudgeon will give me hand getting it onto the back of the ute. (That okay Brian?)

There is one bbq on the North bank of the river at Aplins and it is right in the middle of the grassed area, right next to the path. I reckon we just pull up some of our own space away from the path but close enough to the playground to keep an eye on the kids. We can sort all of this out when we start to gather at the end of the day.

With the comings and goings of participants, and the distances involved, I'm now of the opinion that the start time and place isn't that crucial and perhaps we relax that particular 'rule'. I still aim to be at the bridge at 12:30 but if others prefer to cover a shorter distance, there's no point in coming all the way down to Rooneys. For a shorter trip, I'd recommend you start at the Bowen road bridge, wait until you see the tide start to move in and then basically follow the tide in, up to the weir.

With the amount of surface action, a handful of metal slices may a good idea because, the GT's have been a very common catch, not just by myself, Curmudgeon and Fisher4Life, but also others fishing the river regularly. Last week I bumped into a guy who pulled in a 60cm GT at the weir - he had to follow it downstream on foot!

Does anyone need a copy of the map? I have the technology!

Curmudgeon and myself have decided on the spur of the moment to do this in my 4m canadian canoe so if you see a couple of walrusses attempting the eskimo roll don't worry, its just Brian and myself experiencing some momentary turbulence!\

See you tomorra!!

Mozza

Hijinks on the high seas!!!

It's gonna be a riot. I just wish that boat had outriggers...

Cheers,
    Brian.

Teo,

Camping in this weather - you're brave. A couple of Swedish backpackers going too??

Mozza

Going to be a hot one today by the looks of it..........