Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "murphy's law,,, or just bad luck""

"murphy's law,,, or just bad luck""

i call it bloody laziness on my part,,,,, but that's fishing,,,,

put the tinny in the water bright n early this morning for what was planned to be a run up and down the passage to simply get the the darn thing wet after a month of not being anywhere,,,, to iron out any problems,,, you know what i mean

as i was leaving the home front,,, that thought in my mind registered,,,,, chuck a rod in,,, it wont hurt,,,, and a bit of bait,,,, maybe a pot or two,,,,,, NAHHH not enough time i said to myself,,, mrs choppa has the day planned,,, i better not upset THE PLANS,,,

sunrise saw me heading out of the ramp,,,, 15 minutes later i was at cooks rock,,,,, getting attacked by a large flock of birds working the area like mad,,,,, it was fish heaven for 'em

2 boats anchored nearby were working hardbodies and hooking up into what i thougt was mackeral,,,, i was searching under seats,,anchor well,,motor cowling trying to locate a rod,,, or a bit of discarded line,,,anything,,, to no avail,,

the thought crossed my mind what these fisho's were thinking as i approached the area with them hooking into fish,,,,, only to stay for a few minutes and then motor out of there under full steam,,,, straight back to the ramp,,, without even getting a line wet,,,,

pulled up out the front of the homestead,,, gave the boat a wipe over,,,, mrs choppa is up,,, went inside for a cuppa,,, and she advises the plans are OFF,,, no need to worry about running around today dear she casually advises,,,, i've postponed it 'til sunday,,,,,,,,,,,,

i'm in the shed at the moment,,,, waiting,,,,,, the knife's sharp,,,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Re: "murphy's law,,, or just bad luck""

Ha! what a right shocker!! Those other guys didn't even notice you, they were having way too much fun....next time with hope.

cheers fnq

Could have been worse Choppa...he he he he

Commumication is key Choppa.
    You have to talk to Mrs Choppa and vise versa I suppose.

Another beauty LGM
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

LOL, was a beautiful morning on the water though.

Passage this morning. Sunrise.

Sounds like Mrs Choppa knew the fish were going off, she just wanted to see you sweat!
    Just keep telling yourself, they were all undersize

Cheers
    Kezza

I'd say the missus was just thinking of your health,mate.
    It's no good for your back dragging in an endless stream of fish.

Scott

Hey Choppa, I just read your post ...carefully this time. I thought you'd forgotten your rods...ooops. Didn't realise it was a story of wife induced pain and misery.
    But the cartoon of you fishing without your pants is still funny even though it doesn't make sense.??!!?? I'll have to work on some cartoons about fishing wives who live to sabotage our precious time on the water

Choppa murphys law when the fish are on no rod, but just think the tinny ran good, so alls not bad. Sort off. Polky

Note to self..........always have a rod in the car....as backup.......

Bummer chop maybe always take a rod justin case i bet that wont happen again never mind at least the boat is fine maybe tomorrows a goer ...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

haha. u see, if you took a rod, there would be no fish.
    i have once gone up to bundy for a fishing trip. packed all my gear nicely, rods in the tube. i was all set to go til i got up there and realized i had forgotten my REELS. the fish were going off, the wind was almost non existant. when i finally decided to buy a new reel up there. it was raining and windy. definately murphys law

That would be right,,,I was out on the water early this morning and my first thought was to go there but I decided to head up the passage and fish the creeks only to catch a lot of undersized fish and only two keepers (whiting)
    ________
    PUBLIC VID

Would have to be right all the good fishing days are midweek

With me stuck at work

Did the words "BUGGER or FIRETRUCK" come to mind.
    Note to oneself Choppa " Never head out in the boat without the fishing gear"
    Maybe the next M&G we have up your way should be organised for mid week.

Cheers Dazza