Thread: hi all!!

hi all!!

hi guys,moving to brisbane from the uk with my wife and baby next month and cant wait to get stuck into your fishing!!!have to wait for the container to arive before i can get started .but once there i may be looking for some fishing buddys and advice!!!cheers

Re: hi all!!

Welcome to the good land cuz. What part of this paradise are you moving to. Might i recomend Queensland. And welcome to the site. Lot of good fishin brains on here to answer any questions you may have. Cheers
    Ryno
    En el amor y la guerra, todo hueco es trinchera.

Welcome Salmonking. You'll find plenty to do in Brisbane. Lost of members here are Brisbane based so info shouldn't be to hard to get. Your timing is good, Start of Summer! should be nice and warm!....It might feel like a sauna for a while but you'll soon get a rosy pink shine.
    Cheers Roo.

Welcome to the lucky country and the best state in Oz. Just be carefull what you say to the guys south of the boarder. They still have a bit of convict in their blood.

thanks guys,moving to pullenvale area(bro lives there).orbyroo,thats the only thing bothering us,might be a bit too hot to start with!!!weather here is shi....rubbish.worst summer on record for rain and cold!!!we really cant wait to get out of this hole they call britain!!!

Jeez is it that bad. Shame we dont still import. You could have pinched a loaf of bread and got a free ticket mate, just like my great great grandad. Dont worry bout the weather. You will get used to it quick enough.
    Last edited by Ryan.S; 15-11-2007 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.S View Post
    Jeez is it that bad. Shame we dont still import. You could have pinched a loaf of bread and got a free ticket mate, just like my great great grandad. Dont worry bout the weather. You will get used to it quick enough.

mate,you wouldnt believe how bad this country is going!!!

Dont you fellas have global warming over there yet. Iv never been but would love to visit the place. Family heritage and all. Mate your going to love the fishing over here. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

So thats why ure all moving over here.......... The bloody weather.

well guys we got here new years eve after that long bloody flight!living with my bro at the moment.living in pullenvale,west brisbane.now starts thy fun!need some advice on fishing spots?can you fish anywhere on the brisbane river??is it worth it?also,where is the nearest beach fishing i can get too?are there any clubs i can join??cheers guys

Mate do a search for threadfin. It should be worh fishing the river. You're already in the best club. You don't say if you have a boat, I asume not so I can"t help you much with access. Any public land on the river is fair game as far as I know.

hi preso,thanks for that.no i havent got a boat(hopefully in the future!!!)so any public land is fair game eh!a mate told me last night not to waste my time in the river as only bullsharks and catfish are caught?

Your mate has never tried Bullies. Great to catch, cut head tail and fins off staight away, then onto ice. Smaller ones are better eating.

cheers mate,he might not of tried it but i will!!!