Thread: Lent Anchor Moreton/easter

Lent Anchor Moreton/easter

Hey, are you the guy i lent my sand anchor and about 7metres of chain to whilst camping at moreton island over easter this year? I have your plastic petrol container and am keen to exchange back.

All i know is that you launch your boat from Cleveland and your boat is about 5.6m bow rider. You also had your kids and wife camping with you, she was driving a hilux dual cab 4x4. Your wife decided to not pick me up whilst i was hitching back to the wrecks from cowan cowan where you were camping also. Your wife had the kids in the car and it was dark so i completely understand, but i thought that this story may help your memory of the situation.

We both lost our anchors thanks to those dam 40+ knot winds but a mate of mine managed to dive down and retrieve mine, in which i lent to you.

When we decided to leave i was taking on water and my bilge pumps blew which also took out my GPS and depth sounder so i turned around and went back to the wrecks, that was the last i saw of you.

I look forward to making the swap, and there are no hard feelings as i am sure you just misplaced my number.. It was a wild weekend with a 6m haines turning turtle and sinking whlist at anchor of cowan cowan on the saturday night and that Zodiac rubber ducky went missing over night also.

Thanks Al

Re: Lent Anchor Moreton/easter

Mate that didn't sound like a good weekend. Did the boat sink totaly?
    Sorry to hear this story
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Lent Anchor Moreton/easter

Hey Spiro, my boat was ok however developed a couple of cracks both sides of the transom, not sure why its a brand new boat. Lucky for waranties.
    The Haines turned turtle and sunk, the waves pushed it ashore and then a couple of guys pulled it up the beach with there 4x4's.
    I missed the towing action but a mate said it was a disaster.
    I'm pretty sure Manly coast guard towed it back the next day after letting the water out.
    Al