Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing for Barra by Airboat

Re: Fishing for Barra by Airboat

Cruising around the top end in a chev powered airboat, yep I could see the fun in that........nice.

Awsome, so when are you taking me for a fish then

Doing another trip soon
    Trying to bag some big saratoga!!

Funny isn't it now flairj and jeremy87 have gone quite,strange isn't it we are a bunch of doubting Thomas's. Great spot awesome boat.

Regards,

The Bomber

I don't care if your plugging or not. That sounds awesome!!! Shooting, fishing and accomodation. What plane do I catch?

Oh, hang on back to reality. wifes prega's. Dope!

Quote Originally Posted by BOMBER View Post
    Funny isn't it now flairj and jeremy87 have gone quite,strange isn't it we are a bunch of doubting Thomas's. Great spot awesome boat.

Regards,

The Bomber
    Umm. . . look at post 17,
    I was only scepticle because of the powerlines, i even mentioned in my first post that even if it was bullsh!t it sounded like a good idea.

Ok fellas we have that all out of the way!!! I need some good tips on Saratoga , I aint no expert but there seems to be plenty around. Any advice on lures etc would be welcome!!

I've never fished for the northern species but can only assume that they will respond well to the same lures that our the southern toga in places like borumba and cania. They are a great species for fly if your int that sought of thing, but i prefer to use spin and baitcast tackle. I like to use small hard bodies, weedless shrimp and insect shaped soft plastics and spinnerbaits. The major problem you will face is the sought of spin tackle requied to deliver the plastics i use (3inch berkley craws and 3 inch atomic prongs)is going to be insufficent for you in the case of a good barra hopping on, i only use 6-10lb spin gear at borumba for them. Spinnerbaits are a great way to get strikes but the hooks don't stay in. the extra weight of these lures make it easier for the fish to throw the hooks from their boney mouths when they tail walk. stinger hooks on spinnerbaits are a must.

Heading back up for some wet season fishing & hunting on Saturday. Long drive from Brisbane but it will be worth it!!