Thread: Surf Fishing Video - Fall in NYC

Surf Fishing Video - Fall in NYC

Hello everyone - I'm from the US and I found your site...somehow. I've got an uncle living in Sidney, but that's not why I'm here.

I'm here because I wanted to share some videos I've been making about surf fishing. I grew up on the east coast of the U.S., in Rhode Island, and moved to NYC a few years back.

Not being familiar with the NYC area, I set out to see how good the fishing could be and have been taking photos and video since. This fall i decided to put a few days together, set to music, so when winter came, I'd have something to get the blood going.

I hope you like them, this is the first...

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1318004H7TzacsR

You might want to let it preload so it doesn't pause midway...and TURN IT UP!

Re: Surf Fishing Video - Fall in NYC

thanks for sharing, liked the soundtrack and can't believe how hard you were going on that fish you lost. What line class were you fishing.

All good, cheers
    Roydsy
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

Love it; they are a nice looking fish!!
    The reaction when you lose a fish is priceless, must be the same reaction world wide.
    Do you have any more, top job.
    Regards
    Dwane

yeah, glad you liked it, I do have a couple more in progress...

As far as the fish I lost and why it looked like I was working hard...the reel had been dunked in the sandy wash over and over again taking photos of the baitfish and it started to seize up while reeling. I was working hard just trying to spin it

The fish I lost there was about a 10-12lbs bluefish...or 4.5-5.5 kilo??

Someone needs an Alvey I'm thinking
    Nice Vid.

Mate ,good footage, i was a bit worried that there was going to be a crash in the beginning, for you were all driving on the wrong side of the road ,( see ,what happens when i have a few drinks and get on the keyboard!) but thats ok because europe does the same thing.....
    what was i saying, if you ever come down to the land down under for some fishin, we will definatly get your blood pumping with some bluie, troutie, ambo fishin, ect !!

great footage, what camera?
    mike
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    great footage, what camera?
    mike
    Glad you guys like it...I don't know why you're making up fish names though..alvey? ambo?

The camera is an Olympus 720SW, for "shockproof" and "waterproof"....although during these sessions it has leaked and cracked, but Olympus has been great at replacing parts and service under warranty.

Great video!

Thievery Corporation - nice tunes