Thread: Shimano Catana 3-6kg Baitcast

Shimano Catana 3-6kg Baitcast

Hi guys
    Was down at the local tackle shop yesterday when i spied this rod for $62. It is 5'10" i think, feels very similar to the bass raider, being the same length as well, could possibly use same blank. It has fuji guides. I already have a river raider which is pretty similar but a bit longer, was just wondering if anyone has had anything to do with this rod as i thought it would be perfect as a cheap rod for canoe use chasing bass and yellas and even jacks at a stretch so my more expensive rods dont get damaged in the canoe.
    thanks in advance
    aadam

Re: Shimano Catana 3-6kg Baitcast

I have one, paired up with mu ABU. Mine is a slightly longer model. Great feel and really good sensitivity for small bites (nibbles). Top grip doubles as the clamp for the reel. - be careful not to overtighten it as it will rip the sponge in half as I did on mine the day I got it. Top grip also feels a bit awkward if you hold the rod for longer sessions ( It needs to be a bit longer ). I doubt I would buy another one when the time comes.

Just checked mine - looks like the same length - only numbers left on it is CT60MH-A on the back of the rod. Hopefully, pics of the sponge grip will come up if I did this right.

[ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

Attachment 15661

Attachment 15662
    Last edited by baitwaster; 07-11-2007 at 10:54 AM.

the catanas are ok. the fuji guides are the Hardalloy not the alconites on the raiders and the reel reat isn't a fuji but the blanks seem pretty good to me. build quality is good for a cheap rod. pretty forgiving composite graphite blanks. I got one on the weekend (682spin) and am quite impressed so far....yet to load it up on a fish but the Tackle shop test seemed to have a good action and power. mine was only $49 bucks @ Nerang Camping.(big yellow shop)

Good day,
    Have a catana 7 foot sp 2 piece.
    Very good little rod for the money.
    No problems here
    Cheers
    Reidy

Also have a 7ft 15kg hw snapper.1 month old
    Have been using it the last few weeks on big off shore flatties and gummies.
    Its a little (big) ripper
    Was happy with the sp rod,am bloody happy with the skull drager also
    Cheers
    Reidy