Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rods and Reels????

Re: Rods and Reels????

Quote Originally Posted by Spiero View Post
    Yeah well i live in ballarat in Victoria so the fishing i do is chasing cod in the murray, or head down to the parents joint in portland where there are the snapper, salmon, the odd Jew and Kingie? But i do plan on heading up north on a regular basis
    Cool ... your zillion will get a work out on the Cod then! ..... So my next choice of reel would be a calcutta 700 ( you can cast with it & fish for reds & jew..... + troll for the big mackerel , cobia & GTs up North ) ..... Nagg

Re: Rods and Reels????

there's a bloke in the 'van park with a neat trayback camper and plate boat that seemed to have a few fishing clues - he's not from Weipa but spends a lot of time there-mate quizzed him at length on the trayback camper as he aspires to build one himself. I suspect he'd share some tips, as he was quite chatty with us.

That newsagent in Weipa, and the other fishing and camping store would know what is popular and effective up there. Either or both would be worth a call. The newsagent in particular had some very high end gear including some very flash fly gear down to the more usual stuff