Thread: the flattie didnt know what hit them!!

the flattie didnt know what hit them!!

another day out on the water destroying the flattie, we also got a few bream but we were after flattie so we threw them back, i also got a bullie mullet on a lure.

the biggest flattie was 72cm caught on a softies rackglider on 4lb braid with 6lb leader.

all the fish were caught on a lure even the flounder!!!

Re: the flattie didnt know what hit them!!

nice catch mate,
    but do you really need to kill so many
    the last couple of posts you have taken way more than anyone could eat in one of two meals.

Lets not start this again!!

If you're feeding a family there's only 2 meals there; not an excessive catch really.
    Obviously if you do this every day that's another thing altogether!

Nice catch mate. But I appreciate where yella is coming from .........
    Everything in moderation.....

Never seen a flounder caught on a lure - great effort!

cuzza

if u have seen my family u would relise y we keep so many, and this is between me and my mate, so we split them each time, i have a family of 7 and he has a fmily of 4, so we keep enough just for ourselves, and we do our best to release the bigger females that we catch, i kept my first ever big flattie, but i swore to let the bigger ones go.

mate i understand where u r coming from also, dw there are plenty more flattie at this spot

what river system you fishing?

i fish the tuggerah lakes, mostly around the entrance and tacoma river, its south of lake maqurie>>
    awsome fisherie

Quote Originally Posted by swaters View Post
    if u have seen my family u would relise y we keep so many, and this is between me and my mate, so we split them each time, i have a family of 7 and he has a fmily of 4, so we keep enough just for ourselves, and we do our best to release the bigger females that we catch, i kept my first ever big flattie, but i swore to let the bigger ones go.

mate i understand where u r coming from also, dw there are plenty more flattie at this spot
    Top catch.

Don't need to explain yourself well within the bag limit. Be carful though the you'll cop a hard time from the guys that can't catch any. My sign at the bottom of my posts .
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?

thanks mate

Nice work mate you posting some really informative and great reports latley keep em' coming. Cheers

Matey as long as your eating them you just keep fishing. Anyways looks like both familys will pig out big time Good onya. Polky.

ohhh yeah, we dont waste anything mate, our families love a feed of flattie as much as italian people love spaghetti.

nice flatties mate i gotta get in to plastics!

cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

nice fishing fella fair play