Thread: livies in the pine

livies in the pine

hey peoples,

anyone know where to get some livies in the pine river land based with relative ease. i know where to get some but it's a sh!t fight to get them (have to walk for ages in crazy terrain with no guaranties).

any reports of how the pine has been fishing lately would be great as well! haven't been down there in ages, might give it ago.

Thanks in advance!
    Sneaz

Re: livies in the pine

G'day Sneaz,

Best location i use in the pine is accessed via Castle Hill estate for livies including prawns.
    Also the back of the petrie cop shop has got some excellent mullet areas in the shallows at low tide.

Jack.

As jack said, those spots produce, as does the little boat ramp in the south pine - plenty there also.

cuzza

grab a pack of 3 inch gul p minnows in pumpkinseed.
    youll get all the pick ya need!!!!

the gravel ramp at the bottom of bald hills road is good to cast net around. heaps of herring, ya just gotta look after them well though.

cheers

lippa

The pontoons at Deep Water Bend are pretty reliable for herring, and for prawns in season
    Cheers Freeeedom

thanks boys. will give it ago, got a nice muddie near castle hill on the weekend. didn't get a chance to fish. lots of ski boats out, so many it looked pretty dangerous.

Cheers

That's great you got a buck mate. ican't believe people water ski in there - someone's gonna get clipped by a bull someday i swear.

cuzza

the pine is fishing pretty good atm my mate got 3 jack and a coupple of cod friday night.best jack going 56cm.as for livies the boat ramp at bald hill or go in the park that runs along bald hills flats going to strathpine,the creek in there produces good mullet at times.

This is great info for those not knowing where to try and get some livies close to home. I bought a little bait catcher net on ebay the other day so now I have an idea where to use it I can have a good go with it.

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    That's great you got a buck mate. ican't believe people water ski in there - someone's gonna get clipped by a bull someday i swear.

cuzza
    Would have to agree with that statement,I havent targeted them this year but last year was unreal ,got 4 in an hour 1 night right near where most of the skiers make camp.As for livies all the places mentioned are worth a shot just be careful going off the pontoons at Dwb firstly if using the ramp pontoon get out of the way if a boat comes in and secondly be careful casting with an incoming tide if you cast off the end closest to the old pontoon(ie looking up stream) your net may drift onto a snag ,have a long rope on your net its about ten meters deep there at high tide.Good luck Snas
    THOUGHT OF THE DAY

Live life like a dog,If you cant eat it or hump it ,
    pee on it and walk away.