Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

I haven't been online or talking to anyone for a week due to a serious family illness that has turned out well, however I logged on today and the emails regards the election, the AFLP, TFP, The Shooters Party(TSP), and Pauline Hansen astonished me. Then I logged on here to see more of it.

AFLP and TFP both claiming the same 30,000 votes in the last election, the boss of TFP running as a Senate Candidate in Queensland against AFLP, poor old Shane with egg on his face because of that, and all sorts of other rubbish.

Then I find out the AFLP have joined forces with TSP in my State of NSW and TSP stating they are supporting AFLP in Queensland and goodness knows where Pauline sits in amongst all of that. Maybe shes looking for the fishing vote in batter.

Now I vehemently oppose the policies and the very being of The Shooters Party and don't care who knows it so it looks like I, and I imagine many other people, are now at a loss as to who to vote for.

This quote from the Age Newspaper is now starting to make sense
    So too The Fishing Party. I'm not sure what their platform is. Possibly BYO bait and ice. The Fishing Party is not to be confused with the Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party. One has a bumper sticker that says I FISH AND I VOTE. The other has a bumper sticker that says I FISH, I OWN A BANANA LOUNGE AND I VOTE.
    Looks like a vote for the Democrats coming up from this little black duck.

Derek

Re: Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

Derek

You mean the Democrats who proposed the Animal Welfare Bill that would have banned all fishing if it had got up?

Gary
    Last edited by Gary Fooks; 01-11-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: typo

To me it looks as if there has been a bit of fighting between the groups that are supposed to be 'fighting for our fishing rights".

So therefore 2 parties to split the small fishing vote up with.
    I can't see the fishing vote getting very far until these groups get it together and combine .

Stop me if I 'm wrong, but hasn't one group already threatened legal action over the other.

The fishing vote will be a bit of a joke until they all sort themselves out.

Mick

Must thank you for that info DB, thought TFP and AFLP were one and the same.
    Unfortunately there is only one GREENS.
    I would have to agree with your sentiments, 'united we stand, divided we fall'
    wasn't just a 60's song title.
    Demos aren't an option personally, I run closer to the working mans' philosophy than the psuedo green, different when Don was 'keeping them honest'.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy_Back View Post
    To me it looks as if there has been a bit of fighting between the groups that are supposed to be 'fighting for our fishing rights".

So therefore 2 parties to split the small fishing vote up with.
    I can't see the fishing vote getting very far until these groups get it together and combine .

Stop me if I 'm wrong, but hasn't one group already threatened legal action over the other.

The fishing vote will be a bit of a joke until they all sort themselves out.

Mick
    I agree, Two parties for the supposed common good, definatedly something wrong there, I won't be voting for either even if they get their act together (damage is already done) won't opposing groups have a field day with this, I should not have to choose, Fair Dinkum you sometimes wonder, Whitto

I agree! A vote for the democrats would solve all our problems. Because then we wouldn't have anywhere to fish. Which wouldn't matter because we wouldn't be allowed to fish anyway. Just think of the money we would all save.

The Democrats are a wasted vote.

LOL - I find it funny that most of us (I have done this in the past) have determined that where there is no other real candidate, 'oh well I'll just vote for the democrats'!!!

seems the Demo's must get a huge amount of apathy votes!

why don't you just pick which fishing party you identify with, has the best chance of gaining a seat and vote for them? the key is to get some backing for us into power, otherwise the greens and their backers will take what they can from all of us - and our children etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fooks View Post
    Derek

You mean the Democrats who proposed the Animal Welfare Bill that would have banned all fishing if it had got up?

Gary
    Gary

I hear what you are saying and up until now I was prepared to support the AFLP.

However, after all that has happened leading up to this election I certainly dont want to see either them, TFP or TSP to have the balance of power. I have now removed any reference to AFLP from my website and forum.

Running this country means more than their egos to me.

Complete end of subject on this from me and I hope you are all happy with the election outcomes.

Regards

Derek

Now I vehemently oppose the policies and the very being of The Shooters Party and don't care who knows it
    Seems odd coming from a fisho. Killing fish and killing pigs is all the same to me.. only difference is the tool for fishing is a rod, and the tool for hunting is a gun.

If you have a good look on the internet and look up some stats - Generally members of organised shooting clubs, and licensed gun owners don't run around perpetrating crimes. I'd like to hear your reasoning behind your vehement opposition to the existence of such an organisation.

BTW - I am genuinely interested and not simply trying to start a shit-fight. And this is absolutely not a personal attack by any means.

As an avid hunter and fisherman, I have a genuine interest in people's perception of shooters and the shooting party.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Bullock View Post
    Complete end of subject on this from me and I hope you are all happy with the election outcomes.
    That's all folks

As has been said, I sincerely hope the differences between the two fishing parties can be resolved before our already minor impact becomes difficult to even detect.

cuzza

Now I vehemently oppose the policies and the very being of The Shooters Party and don't care who knows it so it looks like I, and I imagine many other people, are now at a loss as to who to vote for

Whether we like it or not every vote that the shooters party gets its a significant benefit to us as fisherman. Not only do they also have fishermans interests in mind they are a significant thorn in the greens side, as seen in the last NSW state election when they took the bargaining power away from them. The shooters party is a slowly growing force in Australian politics as many people are starting to realise how bad a knee jerk reaction the government had to the Port Arther tragedy. Just remember all, the shooters party is there to support LAW ABIDING citizens not gut nuts that put us in danger.

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by mik01 View Post
    The Democrats are a wasted vote.

LOL - I find it funny that most of us (I have done this in the past) have determined that where there is no other real candidate, 'oh well I'll just vote for the democrats'!!!

seems the Demo's must get a huge amount of apathy votes!

why don't you just pick which fishing party you identify with, has the best chance of gaining a seat and vote for them? the key is to get some backing for us into power, otherwise the greens and their backers will take what they can from all of us - and our children etc etc
    Gee Mik,

Now there's a very common sense and non confrontationalist attitude there

Get over the bickering people and support whatever party you like; bottom line is that there is a real threat to us being able to go fishing, we all need to swallow some pride and vote for our chosen pastime not for the 'alleged ego's'.
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Quote Originally Posted by Synful View Post

Get over the bickering people and support whatever party you like; bottom line is that there is a real threat to us being able to go fishing, we all need to swallow some pride and vote for our chosen pastime not for the 'alleged ego's'.

Spot on mate

However, please don't forget that the Fishing Party candidates are from NSW. How they think they can represent Queensland in the unlikely event they get elected is anyone's guess.

To my mind, the Fishing & Lifestyle Party (AFLP) is definately the way to go.

Cheers - Lou
    Timber lures - just bung 'em in the water mate & hang on !!!

Go the Fish and Chups Party, she never lies, never been corrupted and still a Virgin , or maybe the Zion Party if there still around, or maybe i'll become a tree hugger
    regards