Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

Re: Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

I knew that you hadn't left the kitchen because of the heat, Derek - you being into cookin and all!

What's wrong with slip ons??? I wear them all the time on the boat. This does not put me in opposition to your ideas Peter.

This has been a good debate. I intend to vote for the AFLP but will admit to being tempted to putting Pauline first - she's kinda cute.

I knew that you hadn't left the kitchen because of the heat, Derek - you being into cookin and all!

Forgot to post my tip for the election.

1. Coalition to take the House of Reps with a very fine majority

2. Coalition to hold the power in the Senate with the help of a few minors. I doubt there will be a AFLP or TFP Senator however there preferences could change the balance

3. Wouldnt be surprised if Shane manages to just get over the line in Bonner either.

And no I won't be voting for the Greens or anyone likely to get or give their preferences to them.

Cheers

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Bullock View Post

Forgot to post my tip for the election.

1. Coalition to take the House of Reps with a very fine majority

2. Coalition to hold the power in the Senate with the help of a few minors. I doubt there will be a AFLP or TFP Senator however there preferences could change the balance

3. Wouldnt be surprised if Shane manages to just get over the line in Bonner either.

And no I won't be voting for the Greens or anyone likely to get or give their preferences to them.

Cheers

Derek
    Pretty bold brave tips there Derek.... I think they'll come back to bite you on the bum

No 1 no comment dont know but I hope so - I would like to see the smirk on Rudds face fall off though - but I'm not counting on it!

2 who knows and 3: well anything bigger than about 2.9% will not only be a surprise but should be celebrated... If you understand the electorate of Bonner - you'll understand why I say this.

Just my opinion of course!

Adam

Thanks for the reply Lads. Re slip on's - I was just trying to be a smart arse - to be a bit insulting to Derek. YES - I must admit - I too wear 'slip ons' regularly (sinner!)

I've been at this game for many years, and for all those years - I mean @ 1970 onwards - we (4wd people) - were under assault by the NPWS and other government departments to preserve everything. Not manage it - but lock it up and stop people from entering the park by vehicles, and that also meant your favourite fishing spot if it happened to require going through a park.

Way back then we tried alerting you people, and divers (I am one) and horseriders, and dah dah dah. We formed the "Joint Land Use Committee" in order that we put our common interests to the fore in a united manner to defend the underlying principles.

The result was:
    Horseriders were above all that - "It won't happen to us - and we don't want to be associated nor controlled by with you lot"
    Fishermen said 'bugger off' (ditto response)
    Divers - said 'bugger off' (ditto response)
    4x4 groups resisted the trail bikers (because they are 'nasty and noisy')

The end effect was:
    Our common foes won from day one.
    Now most everything is locked up, preserved for wildfires and feral animals.
    Fishermen have been under assault by the eternal doogooders and fishing evermore tightened.
    Horseriders were kicked out of National Parks - and so on.

Here we are again, bitching and sniping at each other, when in fact we share common interests, but collectively lack the brains to exploit that to our advantage.

That is one reason why I have shifted to the LDP - Liberty and Democracy Party (www.ldp.org.au). This is not an advert, but I forewarn any intending visitors - that poofters are involved!

We support LIBERTY that one day might result in DEMOCRACY, not a self serving two party ruling elite (oligarchy) that we now suffer. To achieve that, we need to become mainstream society. Gun owners in particular are social pariahs based on simplistic logic - Criminals have guns, therefore those who have guns are criminals.

You will see that we support a fair go for everybody, and that includes poofters. They see themselves as a discriminated group (I think otherwise) and it's best to put their concerns on the line alongside ours. That concern is simply that, providing we do not injure others, to choose what we each want to do without being harassed by the eternal doogooders and government intrusions.

That is what LIBERTY is all about - individual freedom of choice but with responsibility to others in a reasonable management shell. OK, somebody must be an arbiter for what constitutes "reasonable', but I don't want to make this into another discussion - in short "I will leave you alone, if you leave me alone".

Today's urban human is more "Another brick in the wall" than the much promoted fallacy that we Australians are independent and free. We are not that - we have been "Welcome(d) to the Machine" and now in a nanny state where the eternal doogooders rule the roost.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that paddling our boats in different directions is going to get each of us nowhere, and the crap I've seen here (starting with Derek) and elsewhere is a surefire way to fall into the arms of 'Those who know what is best for us'.

As Adolf Hitler said "WHAT GOOD FORTUNE FOR GOVERNMENTS THAT PEOPLE DO NOT THINK"

Time's up - I need another cuppa.
    Peter Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by LINGUS View Post
    I was referred to this site to check a few things for myself, mainly because I couldn't believe what I read.

This thread opens with Derek Bullock opinion - some of which is fine - but the "I vehemently oppose the policies and the very being of The Shooters Party" is in my opinion 'a bit over the top' and damaging to 'us' all.

By that I mean - "US" - people like you and me who enjoy and also appreciate the outdoors and the challenge of 'the hunt - be it with line and hook or gun and bullet.

Vote as you wish good sir, but a vote for a party that has lost it's roots, and which is run by a 'touchy feely' bunch of youthful and idealistic people - is a vote for our combined demise.

There most definitely are issues 'within our ranks' to address, but your intolerance will merely divide and see us all fall.

It's happening around us now, and you recommend more?

As I have perused this thread I have seen more idiocy on display. Do you display your ignorance so openly very often, or is it an agening issue you can't control?

I am amazed that not only do you spread fertiliser so widely, but that others jump in, oblivious to the bigger picture.

Have you people no idea as to the threat to our liberty that is being inflicted on "us"?

A reminder - "us" is outdoors type people who either hunt, fish, 4wd, shoot. We are under assault from those whom you recommend we vote.

Mate - we are of similar vintage according to your avitar, but your mental gymnastics!!

We - yes that's you and me and all here - are dealing with people who have teeth in the front of their heads, but haven't yet learned that they and we exist only because we eat dead things and teeth are necessary to that end.

I hunt - you fish = we are their enemy. And you prattle on. JESUS -do you wear slipons?

Thankfully, later comments "Adamy" put forward is sensible and reasoned.

This is the first time on this site. Have been meaning to do it for some time. It generally looks an excellent setup - well done.

Peter Cunningham
    For a first post you certainly do nothing to try and remove the "redneck" tag...name calling and casting aspersions on people is schoolyard garbage...gave that up in year 3 but some cannot help themselves with it...it shows a lack of debating skills to get ones point across...one never succeeds in any form of debate by trying to denigrate those that have a different viewpoint. Tryt giving oyur point of view in a balanced and reasonable way without any of the other type of diatribe. Using words like Liberty and enemy etc...that also paints different pictures which can polarise those that don't share your viewpoint.
    Personally, I do not care what the policies of the shooters party may be nor do I care what the horseriders and 4WD owners have in their "policies"...I am interested in the fishing and boating aspects only. If it needs for "similar" groups to get into bed together so be it but that also does not mean they have to be lovers to achieve an outcome.
    Last edited by PinHead; 11-11-2007 at 07:20 AM.

I read some the LDP website..wow..some intersting stuff their...just a lil bit further right than Attile the Hun.

Thanks for pointing us in the direction of your party and it's policies Peter. I see from the website that you are from Tasmania.

For a start, even though I am not gay, I take offence at your use of the word "Poofter" in referring to gay people. That to me shows your "redneck" views.

This thread and debate is in relation to the AFLP, TFP and TSP yet you have waded in with your own arguements that really have nothing to do with the debate.

Interesting though that you should be here considering these quote from your own website about preferences for the election. I can only presume that The Shooters Party do not hold your party in to high esteem.

Shooter wars

There has been some bad blood between supporters of the Australian Shooters Party and some people in the Liberty & Democracy Party (LDP)… but I had always assumed that policies would be more important than personalities when it came to the actual campaign. I was wrong.
    When Senate preferences were revealed we saw that the Shooters put the LDP low down the preference list, below many parties that are anti-shooting. In NSW they put us 53rd, behind Liberals, Nationals, Family First, Pauline, Climate Change Coalition (CCC), What Women Want (WWW), Independents, Hear our Voice (HoV), Senator on-line, Conservatives for Climate, DLP, Fishing Party, CDP, One Nation and Carers Alliance. Given that the LDP has a real chance of getting Terje elected in NSW, it is very disappointing to see the Shooters Party working against a pro-shooting candidate.

The story was much the same in the other States. In Victoria they put us at 48. In Qld we are at 37 and in S.A. we are 31st. Several of the parties in front of the LDP (eg WWW, CCC, HoV) share the same philosophy as the Greens and are certainly hostile to shooting.
    In contrast, the LDP preferenced the Shooters Party relatively high in every State. In Qld and SA we put them as high as 6th and 7th respectively. In NSW we put them at 19th, in front of the majors. A vote for the LDP is a vote for both pro-shooting parties. A vote for the Shooters is not.
    The anti-LDP hostility seems to have spread to the Australian Shooters Journal (run by the SSAA), which recently distributed electoral information giving details about the shooting policy of various parties. They included Family First, DLP, Fishing & Lifestyle, Democrats and other groups, but they somehow forgot to include the LDP. When I e-mailed and asked them if we could send them some information, they didn’t respond.
    David Leyonhjelm has responded with a press releases lamenting the anti-shooting preferences of the Shooters Party.
    Oh yes and this one as well

SHOOTERS PARTY PREFERENCES FAIL TO MAXIMISE SHOOTERS VOTE

The voting strength of sporting shooters will not be maximised in the election because of the failure of the Shooters Party to exchange preferences with the Liberty & Democracy Party (LDP) in the Senate.
    "The LDP was under the impression the Shooters Party would be willing to exchange preferences with the LDP. The Shooters Party is a single issue party and the LDP is the only other party in the election with a strong policy in support of gun ownership for sport, hunting, collecting and self defence", said LDP Secretary David Leyonhjelm.
    "But that's not the case. In every State in which the Shooters Party is running candidates (NSW, Qld, Victoria and SA), its preferences are going to a host of other parties as well as the Liberal and Labor parties, before they go to the LDP.
    "A number of the parties will receive Shooters Party preferences ahead of the LDP that are no friends of shooters", he said.
    The Shooters Party has two members in the NSW Parliament but has not contested a federal election for many years. It was automatically deregistered by the Australian Electoral Commission just prior to the 2004 election because it had not contested an election for over four years.
    "When it finally enters the federal arena, long overdue, it splits the vote by refusing to preference the only other openly pro-shooting party", said Mr Leyonhjelm.
    "By contrast, the LDP has ensured its preferences go to the Shooters Party prior to the major parties in every State. In the unlikely event we are knocked out before the Shooters Party, our preferences stand a good chance of flowing on to the Shooters Party.
    " We are not a single issue party and we negotiated preference deals with other minor parties based on common interests and mutual benefit across a whole spectrum of issues. The Shooters Party refused to negotiate with us but we still gave them a favorable position on our ticket in every State. In Queensland, our preferences go first to the Fishing Party and then the Shooters Party. In South Australia they go to the Shooters Party immediately after the Fishing and Lifestyle Party. In Victoria and NSW they go to the Shooters Party well before the major parties.
    "About the only thing the Shooters Party did for us was place us ahead of the Greens.
    "I realise some Shooters Party officials do not agree with our policies on areas such as gay rights and voluntary euthanasia, but this is ridiculous. They have effectively abandoned any chance of making a difference for shooters in this election. They won't get elected and their votes won't make a difference.
    "We urge all sporting shooters who believe in reducing the intrusiveness of the government in our lives, from our social activities to sports such as shooting, to vote LDP.
    " I am personally standing in the seat of Bennelong and directing my preferences away from John "I hate guns" Howard. That's likely to do more for shooters rights than anything the Shooters Party is doing in this election", he concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I read some the LDP website..wow..some intersting stuff their...just a lil bit further right than Attile the Hun.
    Couldn't agree more.

Derek

PINHEAD - And by all that you can only mean that I'm an arrogant prick stomping around on your turf. That said, you are right - it was a full on blast and needed to be so. It was in response to the initial stupid posting by Derek Bullock, who by his statements is part of the problem we all face.

The point in me being full on at the start is because I've seen the damage such crap causes. It was to alert those of you who are not aware of what has happened to others, and will happen to you blokes.

I really don't give a hoot about "redneck" or any other tags, and I haven't got the point across to your satisfaction, then nobody can. But you are right, in a debate, denigrating people is not the cleverest of moves. But it was not a debate, and judging from your self interest in just your patch - that's one of the selfish attitude problems that has done massive damage, and will sure as tax and deaths, catch up with you blokes and take you lot down with us.

BUT - we DO agree regarding "If it needs for "similar" groups to get into bed together so be it but that also does not mean they have to be lovers to achieve an outcome."

Putting head in sand or other dark places and hoping it will all go away is about as successful as fragmenting from a common cause and going at it alone - current direction with some in your ranks, and amazingly, also and STILL in our ranks. Sure, we each may not like the arrangement, but without a fight, there will be no positive outcomes for 'us' all.

And as to my terminology - we all are in battles constantly with those who impose their values, or ideas of what is right etc. When in battle, are your opponents friends? I use the word enemies because that's just what they are. And now "LIBERTY" is a dirty word?

Obviously people like me who believe in Liberty are "...just a lil bit further right than Attile the Hun."
    So let's examine what "Liberty" means and thus just how far right of Attile the Hun I am:
    LIBERTY:
    1) Immunity from arbitrary exercise of authority: political independence.
    2) Freedom of choice.
    3) "liberty of opinion"; "liberty of worship"; "liberty--perfect liberty--to think or feel or do just as one pleases"; "at liberty to choose whatever occupation one wishes"
    4) Personal freedom from servitude or confinement or oppression.

YUP Pinhead - "...just a lil bit further right than Attile the Hun."

DEREK:
    Mate - I'm not a poofter either. Do you think I care if you are offended because I don't bow so low to being politically correct?
    As for the word "poofter" - they stole the word "gay" and added a new connotation to it to suit their ends. Apologise - for what?

You have made fatal assumptions in concluding that I am a 'redneck', and by inference that I hate people whose sexuality is not as is mine. A little reminder - "Liberty" means (read the above).

I believe they and other people can do as they wish, so long as they don't impose their ideals on me. In the case of sexuality - I really do not care, and nobody has imposed their sexuality on me because I don't mix in those circles. That said - I have many (9 that I know of) who are poofters - and yes - they use that term too. They are decent blokes, and come around for dinner about twice annually to share good food and wines, with a dash of good conversation thrown in. Two are acrive pistol shooters, and all people who anybody would be lucky to have as neighbours - but they aren't all like that.

It's a simple equation - horses for courses. Understanding and tolerance toward others are traits that seem to have evaporated in Australia.

Regarding the bitching between The Shooters Party and LDP - yes - I am well aware of all that nonsense and (along with others) have been equally vocal about stopping what really boils down to a personality clash between the former secretary of TSP - David Leyonhjelm, who got some noses out of joint and its been bad blood ever since. It's pointless, and only does damage.

You did well to post that, because it highlights the point I'm trying to make.

It's really like this - You blokes are blokes very similar to us, generally pretty decent lot, with a range of personalities in your ranks. If you used guns to fish, then you would be in the same boat as us, but you don't - but you will be and the stage is progressively being set. (should that be - the net is being cast?)

You lot kill, just like us lot. Killing is increasingly deemed bad.
    When things are seen as bad, then they will be made into demons, then the demons be seen to be destroyed.
    Governments operate in that manner so that they can be seen to be "doing something" and usually to appease a group of people somewhere whilst justifying their existence.

Increasingly university graduates are required to do even mundane tasks, but often these people have little idea of reality outside the confines of the hallowed walls of learning. I'm in civil construction - I see it constantly.

Each of us is the product of our respective environments, and from there our values stem. Armed with all the new learned knowledge many seek a government department, in many cases sympathetic with their values. They rise up through the bureaucratic ranks, into some position where their belief structure is projected onto others via process. They embark on social experiments in order to define everything to the Nth degree, then become involved in processes that eventually passes regulations to manage it all. If they hate guns - they act within bureaucracies in order to project their prejudices. If they hate killing, then they will make a living out of using process to inflict their bias onto others.

THAT is how things change and that's how we become entrapped, and that's why LIBERTY is needed in this nation, for fear of being a nation of serfs.

It's a matter of fighting to stop it, or being either a Chamberlain type appeaser, or just stick head in sand and hope it all goes away. It won't.

DEREK and PINHEAD believe that liberty is "...just a lil bit further right than Attile the Hun.".
    You fishermen have at least two problems in your ranks.

Peter Cunningham

I change what I previously said..I would not even want to be in the same room as Lingus...talk about ridiculous statements.

We all know how this is going to end ......(I hope I add this link correctly. It is one of the funniest movie clips I've ever seen.)

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

I agree Greg

He isn't talking about Liberty. What he is on about, confirmed to me by his policies on his website is Anarchy.

i don't trust anyone who uses the word 'Liberty' as LINGUS uses it, waaay to flag waving, religous American redneck for me, also as far as us killing just the same as shooters, please explain the 'Shoot & release' technique.
    Most here agree in principle with what you have said, we are just not as free with the extreme use of different words.

It appears that our mate Derek has been doing a bit of trolling here and perhaps thats the only fishing he actually does.
    A quick look at his website and we see a message from and link to the humane society, now there would be few fishermen or any other sort of hunter who condones cruelty but this mob are straight out animal liberation and dead set against any sort of hunting including fishing.
    It looks like Dereks vote was always going to the Dimocrats (against hunting too)or even worse the Greasy Greens and all the rest of this thread has been about doing as much damage to any real representaion for hunting in any form at the booths.
    I must say he's played a few blokes out pretty well and even got spooled a couple of times but think he's due to be busted off.
    Anyone who would suggest a vote for the dimocrats or greasy greens is no friend of hunting and that certainly includes fishing.
    To see who the real friends of fishing are check out a couple of links here.
    http://parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/PA.../LC20071023015
    http://parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/PA.../LC20071106028
    The value of having direct and almost immediate access without question except for clarification proved invaluable in first stopping the development and then having a no wash zone implemented until reparation work is carried out to DPI satifaction.
    Last edited by Boblee; 11-11-2007 at 06:06 PM.

The restriction on gun ownership after Port Arthur were a federal government (coalition) initiative. It was a public safety issue and a successful one at that. The Greens had nothing to do with it. What it has to do with fishing and marine park lockouts I do not know.

We had Shooters Party people spruking for votes on fishing sites before the last NSW election. They must have suddenly realised that there were a few votes in fishing. Never mind that they had voted for marine parks and barely raised any fishing issues during the whole term of parliament.