Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

Re: Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

No Chris - you pretty much nail it on the head.

We "the fishing vote" get lablled a single issue party - and that is true as the AFLP is all about the outdoors access for Australians. This is our issue and one we do with pride as no other bugger gives a toss about access to 4wd tracks or fishing grounds for example. So the way preferences work are to do either one of two things -
    1. Get elected to the Senate. Just so those that don't know, this is different to the House of Representatives where Rudd and Howard and the other MP's you see in the media are running around. The Senate can either agree or veto legislation/law that the MP's present.

2. Get a party elected that will take all our policies to the Senate and fight for them. Just like what the Nationals did for the fishing community in the Barrier Reef due to preferences getting Barnaby Joyce elected instead of a greenie.

So with that in mind, we are aiming to get point 1 from above as the best outcome and indications thus far is it could just happen. We do need your help as boothworkers though and where we have someone handing out how to vote cards, we increase out vote significantly.

When we do hold the balance of power in the Senate, when it comes to decisions presented that fall out of our "single issue" the consitution of the party states that the Executive of the Party will make these descisions on a c[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']onscience [/FONT]vote in the best interests of a Fair Go for ALL Australians.

Hope this helps clear a couple of things up.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    aren't guns phallic symbols for blokes who feel a bit inferior??
    Wonder if the same couldn't be said for blokes that have have big flash boats but dont really fish?

Scott

dunno Scott..I don't have a big flash boat and I do fish.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    dunno Scott..I don't have a big flash boat and I do fish.
    Must be mistaken then pinhead,thought it may have been your 30 ft sportscruiser for sale at $170,000 .Maybe you were just trying to impress us with the size of your ummm.......boat.
    BTW ,I grew up spending a lot of my life on a family farm where it was taken as a given that I would use a firearm to eradicate vermin and make sure our family could be sustainable.
    Bit hard for some of you city folk to understand,I realize.But this was a fact of our daily life and nothing to do with inferiority.
    Scott

Wow! This is going all over the place but I agree with Maxg. There was always something dreadfully wrong with the level of skill attributed to Martyn Bryant.

Generally, I have a good laugh at 'conspiracy' stories but there is something very suspect about an untrained person being so accurate - and from the hip!

And Dicko that wasn't you showing up as the 'shadowy' figure near the grassy knoll - I'm pretty sure it was my mother-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermullet View Post
    Wow! This is going all over the place but I agree with Maxg. There was always something dreadfully wrong with the level of skill attributed to Martyn Bryant.

Generally, I have a good laugh at 'conspiracy' stories but there is something very suspect about an untrained person being so accurate - and from the hip!

And Dicko that wasn't you showing up as the 'shadowy' figure near the grassy knoll - I'm pretty sure it was my mother-in-law.
    I used to shoot this same weapon recreationally and I am certain it can do a serious amount of damage in a short period of time.I am not surprised at the death toll.

No real skill is needed to point a semi auto assault rifle at a crowd of people and make a few adjustments to make sure you hit as many as possible.
    A child could do it....and did...!!!!!!!

Scott

Well, you are right. Lots of damage in a short period of time - there is no doubt about that. That's no surprise. I used to be ok with pistol/revolver but was absolutely hopeless with an SLR even using sights. Hitting the side of a barn at fifty paces from the hip would have been a miracle let alone small targets in such a short period.

There might be a lesson there for me - stick to fishing rods.

I hope that no one will take this as a frivolous approach to such a dreadful happening but I am still bewildered by the event and do not think that it was properly explained. With hindsight it might have been better for the court to have refused the guilty plea.

Scott...a 30' boat is not a "big flash boat" by any stroke of the imagination....start looking at Sunsseekers and their ilk and you are starting to look at big flash boats.
    I knew that old comment I made would get a reaction..always has done and always will.
    If you had read a previous post of mine you would have seen that I have nothing against guns...just the auto and semi auto type..no need for them for anything.

Fair enough pinhead.
    You got me hook,line and sinker.

scott

Quote Originally Posted by el_carpo View Post
    Ah, I see. Michael Moore. That explains it. That scene is like all of his movies; missing the parts and pieces that give an audience the true picture of what is actually happening. Crafty editing. I didn't see the film and never will (that SOB isn't getting a single penny out of me) but if you type into Google "debunking bowling for Columbine" you'll see what was left out. For example, he set it up weeks in advance, he didn't show them contacting the FBI for the background check, he didn't show the ID check, did he say he had an FOID card? (There are checks and approvals for that too). Crafty editing to fudge the facts and represent what he wants to represent.

Trust me, you cannot just walk into a bank and pick up a gun. If I went up to a teller and said, "Hey, where's mah gun at? I've got me some critters that need shootin' " The alarms would go off and the guards would probably blast me. and NO, I won't be testing that hypothesis any time soon.

Take EVERYTHING that guy says with a truck load of salt. Remember, his bread and butter comes from showing rabid monkey communists who are anti-American, anti-capitalist just for the sake of being anti-American and anti-capitalist members of the lunatic fringe what they want to see. He knows, to whom he's playing, very well and makes a fortune doing it.

The truth of his films lie on his cutting room floors.

Sorry for not staying on topic. I just saw yet another swipe at my country that was not quite in sync with the truth and thought I should set things straight as any of you would do had a lie been told about Australia.

I'm not saying YOU lied Shayned. You just passed on what was shown to you by a master hustler.
    Cheers Mate, I was fairly certain that was what he had done, except I had no way to back it up, hence my loosely worded reply. There is enough truthfull scary things in this world without that idiot adding to the sum total.

Derek,

What I object to is being refered to is as some sort of redneck. I am a member of the 'Sporting Shooters Association of Australia,' which is an nation wide body which supports all member shooters including hunters, target shooters, shotgun and pistol[which is extremely tightly controlled], conservation hunters and collectors of historical firearms. It also runs shooting ranges all over Australia which are used not only by thier members but police, cadets and the army reserve in some cases.

I can assure you they are not a mob of mad 'rednecks' and include people from every walk of life and profession. In fact the SSAA i s very forward in promoting firearm safety, conducts the firearm safety courses necessary to obtain a firearm licence, safe storage of firearms , responsible use of firearms etc and has been commended by police and government for this work.

The Shooters Party is the shooting equivilent of the Fishing Party. Are you saying shooters should not have a right to have a political party that supports thier interests in a democracy but the fisherman do?

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    When you vote for your Minority Party or Indipendent, that doesn't have representitives in every seat?
    And if they do not get Elected.
    Who do they PASS your Vote on to?
    Is it to an individual or Party that you MAY have voted for, or, to some body/Party that you would never Vote for?
    What Seats Does the AFLP, the AFP, and TSP, have members Standing in.
    What Policies do they have for Education, Health, Law and Order, Transport, and all the other trivial things.
    Are they Stooges for other Parties?
    Over the Years I have voted for, Labor, National's, Pauline, Shooters, and Fishing.

Rob T
    Rob,

I think Chris (lovely80) answered your question pretty well withBPD summing up nicely. Theres just one small point I may add.

You are in control of your vote at ALL times. Its up to YOU who you pass your preferences on to, completely your choice and uninfluenced by any others. The parties will make preference suggestions but thats all they are - suggestions you can ignore them if you want to.

In the case of the senate ticket preferences are registered with the AEC and as a default setting preferences will flow the way the party intends UNLESS you bypass that system - which is your right, and number every square below the line, thereby issuing your preferences in the manner you see fit.

Its not that hard - you simply number 1 to 65 - if someone fails that math test then perhaps voting simply isnt for them and they should accept the fine.

The preference arrangements of the various parties on the senate ticket can be viewed at the AEC website - http://www.aec.gov.au/Elections/fede...idates/gvt.htm

Hope that helps.

Adam

p.s Rob: I think the heat got too much for Derek and he left the kitchen
    Last edited by Adamy; 10-11-2007 at 11:35 AM.

I was referred to this site to check a few things for myself, mainly because I couldn't believe what I read.

This thread opens with Derek Bullock opinion - some of which is fine - but the "I vehemently oppose the policies and the very being of The Shooters Party" is in my opinion 'a bit over the top' and damaging to 'us' all.

By that I mean - "US" - people like you and me who enjoy and also appreciate the outdoors and the challenge of 'the hunt - be it with line and hook or gun and bullet.

Vote as you wish good sir, but a vote for a party that has lost it's roots, and which is run by a 'touchy feely' bunch of youthful and idealistic people - is a vote for our combined demise.

There most definitely are issues 'within our ranks' to address, but your intolerance will merely divide and see us all fall.

It's happening around us now, and you recommend more?

As I have perused this thread I have seen more idiocy on display. Do you display your ignorance so openly very often, or is it an agening issue you can't control?

I am amazed that not only do you spread fertiliser so widely, but that others jump in, oblivious to the bigger picture.

Have you people no idea as to the threat to our liberty that is being inflicted on "us"?

A reminder - "us" is outdoors type people who either hunt, fish, 4wd, shoot. We are under assault from those whom you recommend we vote.

Mate - we are of similar vintage according to your avitar, but your mental gymnastics!!

We - yes that's you and me and all here - are dealing with people who have teeth in the front of their heads, but haven't yet learned that they and we exist only because we eat dead things and teeth are necessary to that end.

I hunt - you fish = we are their enemy. And you prattle on. JESUS -do you wear slipons?

Thankfully, later comments "Adamy" put forward is sensible and reasoned.

This is the first time on this site. Have been meaning to do it for some time. It generally looks an excellent setup - well done.

Peter Cunningham

Peter you do have a gift, also do you know Richie? (like you never heard that before. Welcome to the site if I may be so bold.

cheers fnq

Adamy

I am still around albeit quite busy at the moment. Brushing up on my maths for the big day for the 1 to 65 questionnaire.

John

If you say your not a redneck then I accept that unequivocally however there are a number of rednecks out there as you would well be aware.

Peter

That’s an interesting speech. I’ll take it all onboard. By the way, there’s nothing wrong with slip-ons.

This has proved an interesting debate that isn't going to stop as we all have our different views. I have made mine, others have made theirs. It all comes down to Election Day now.

Cheers

Derek