Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

Re: Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Bullock View Post
    They are controlled by The Sporting Shooters and the gun lobby fanatics who are still going on about a conspiracy where they say the Government ordered the massacres at Port Arthur using an SAS marksman. They are still proclaiming Martin Bryant innocent.

What a load of ############ these parties have turned out to be.
    Good day'
    The couple next door to my place were there on that fateful day.Their eyewitness account under any circumstances does not support any sas marksman conspiracy
    as they saw the gunman take delib. aim at specific targets and discharge the ar-15 he was carrying.
    These were the actions of one demented person not a gov. conspiracy.
    Did any of the above firearm lobbists witness bryants actions, I THINK NOT.
    Desperate statements by desperate people
    Cheers all,
    Reidy (Tassie).
    ps All the gov. really did was change peoples perspective of firearms eg
    Firearms became weapons in day to day jargon. Instilled into the mind via the fed. gov. and the media.
    I am a ex sporting shooter and a firearm is still a firearm to me.
    Sporting shooters carry firearms, the military and police carry weapons
    Last edited by reidy; 08-11-2007 at 10:08 AM. Reason: illlirratte

Is now a good time to mention that it was actually me in those blurry photos of someone near the fence on that grassy knoll in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963 ?
    Last edited by Dicko; 08-11-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Derek,

I had a massive post drafted ready to point out all the flaws in your arguments and logic but I have slept on it and have decided against making that my first post on this forum - it would only widen the divide between what is essentially, the same brotherhood of true blue aussies - we are all "out there" enjoying the outdoors, we just use different tools...

I, for one, am an avid Fishermen, Camper, 4WD'er and Shooter

I and all of my licensed shooting companions are fine, upstanding citizens - we have to be to pass the Police checks.

I'm also a member of several other forums where people have taken notice of your polarized views & let me tell you that (putting it nicely), there have been some unflattering comments....

Please, have a read of this site - http://www.greenswatch.com/default.aspx

Mate, if you vote for the Greens you might as well shut down your Camp Oven Cooking thingo now - there won't be any camping grounds left for you to take your oven to, you won't be allowed to burn wood in the fire place and we'll all probably be forced into vegan'ism because there will be so many restrictions placed on meat products it'll be prohibitively expensive to eat....

so yeah - keep thinking what ever you want to about shooters - you are really only regurgitating the media's fear mongering garbage - and the fact that a person in your position would consider a vote for the Greens is pretty telling about the kind of shallow thought processes you must entertain...

On ya dicko. This one needs some lightening

It amazes me how first time posters are suddenly appearing in this debate.

I think I need to make a few things clear.

I have never said I am going to vote for the greens. I don't know where you got that from. What I said in the opening post on this thread was
    Looks like a vote for the Democrats coming up from this little black duck.
    That was said out of sheer frustration over what I saw as the amalgamation of the AFLP and TSP.

I am not opposed to honest legal firearms owners. I am not opposed to honest legal shooters. I am not opposed to honest legal hunters. I have been one myself in the past.

What I am opposed to is the gun fanatic lobbyists. These are the people that insist that the Port Arthur massacre was a conspiracy and either condoned or orchestrated by our Government in order to remove weapons from people.

Quote Originally Posted by el_carpo View Post
    I'm staying out of the debate, I just wanted to say I'm glad to hear things turned out well for your family member Derek.

Two quick points to make also.....

1. You can't get a gun here (US) with just a bank account. There are FOID cards, criminal and mental health background checks and waiting periods. Not sure who told you the bank account thing but it's false.

2. Hunta, we Americans don't think you guys ride Kangaroos to work. We know how fast they are on those bicycles. Plus, it would be way too difficult to balance yourself on their backs if their front wheel hit even a small obstruction in the road.

..........just trying to add a little levity. I know how emotional this topic can get.
    The bank account thing comes from one of your own film makers, Mike whats his face, Bowling for Columbine or something along those lines. Apparently he falsely represents a bank will give you a firearm when you open account. Meaning you walk in, open your account and the teller hands you your rifle. While asking politely not to be held up.

Quote Originally Posted by zx9john View Post
    John,

You must not be too hard on Derek! Its not his fault that he doesnt understand the senate voting process, that a vote for the democrats above the line will filter directly to the greens and therefore a vote for the democrats is in effect a vote for the greens.

Also this:

That was said out of sheer frustration over what I saw as the amalgamation of the AFLP and TSP.
    He also doesnt understand the relationship between the shooting party and the AFLP (or maybe he does and he's stirring up s#$t to cloud the issue?).

To Clarify; there is NO amalgamation both parties are separate organisations and remain that way. In QLD the shooters party have chosen to preference AFLP, the AFLP did NOT reciprocate!

In NSW they are running on a joint ticket which just means a direct preference flow on the ticket from shooters to AFLP so when you vote for the shooters in NSW any overflow would go to AFLP. Similar as the coalition ticket here in QLD. However it doesnt mean that AFLP and Shooters can align to "form Govt" because they arent running for Govt.

Its all academic anyway because the shooters wont receive enough votes for any preference flow. The ONLY way to vote for AFLP on the NSW senate ticket is to vote BELOW the line. Anyone who understands how this works would have no issue with it - it is not an amalgamation by any stretch of the imagination. It is simply a matter of sharing some resources and thats it.

Dicko.... Yes I thought I recognised you - a bit younger then tho

Adam

Finally someone explains why you guys are arguing, Thanks Adamy

aren't guns phallic symbols for blokes who feel a bit inferior??

Allot of my mates go pig hunting with Dogs and knives. I think it's because allot of the farmers won't let anyone hunt on their land with guns. Probably a good thing.

Just a couple of quick thoughts.

Would it be unrealistic to have all firearms held at the venue that you are a member of. eg. Firing range, Cop shop or a monitored storage facility (ie. let's the cops know if you open it without pryor notice.) in rural area's. This would provide a good background of that persons state or intentions.

Maybe eventually all cops will need is a tazer and get the guns out the homes.

Though I would prefer that fishermen kept in their corner and Sporting Shooters in the opposite I understand the fact that the 2 pastimes face a common threat and there is safety in numbers so what will be, will be.
    I have no issue with people owning rifles when used for sport and farming activities however have real issues with those who would wish guns to be as readily available as prior the law changes and providing that any alliance is with the "sporting" fraternity then fine.

Quote Originally Posted by shayned View Post
    The bank account thing comes from one of your own film makers, Mike whats his face, Bowling for Columbine or something along those lines. Apparently he falsely represents a bank will give you a firearm when you open account. Meaning you walk in, open your account and the teller hands you your rifle. While asking politely not to be held up.

Ah, I see. Michael Moore. That explains it. That scene is like all of his movies; missing the parts and pieces that give an audience the true picture of what is actually happening. Crafty editing. I didn't see the film and never will (that SOB isn't getting a single penny out of me) but if you type into Google "debunking bowling for Columbine" you'll see what was left out. For example, he set it up weeks in advance, he didn't show them contacting the FBI for the background check, he didn't show the ID check, did he say he had an FOID card? (There are checks and approvals for that too). Crafty editing to fudge the facts and represent what he wants to represent.

Trust me, you cannot just walk into a bank and pick up a gun. If I went up to a teller and said, "Hey, where's mah gun at? I've got me some critters that need shootin' " The alarms would go off and the guards would probably blast me. and NO, I won't be testing that hypothesis any time soon.

Take EVERYTHING that guy says with a truck load of salt. Remember, his bread and butter comes from showing rabid monkey communists who are anti-American, anti-capitalist just for the sake of being anti-American and anti-capitalist members of the lunatic fringe what they want to see. He knows, to whom he's playing, very well and makes a fortune doing it.

The truth of his films lie on his cutting room floors.

Sorry for not staying on topic. I just saw yet another swipe at my country that was not quite in sync with the truth and thought I should set things straight as any of you would do had a lie been told about Australia.

I'm not saying YOU lied Shayned. You just passed on what was shown to you by a master hustler.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

When you vote for your Minority Party or Indipendent, that doesn't have representitives in every seat?
    And if they do not get Elected.
    Who do they PASS your Vote on to?
    Is it to an individual or Party that you MAY have voted for, or, to some body/Party that you would never Vote for?
    What Seats Does the AFLP, the AFP, and TSP, have members Standing in.
    What Policies do they have for Education, Health, Law and Order, Transport, and all the other trivial things.
    Are they Stooges for other Parties?
    Over the Years I have voted for, Labor, National's, Pauline, Shooters, and Fishing.
    I really hate it when my vote goes to someone I didn't want to vote for.
    Normally I know straight up Who is going to get my Vote but this time I'm not sure.
    I Fish, and occassionally I drag the Rifle's out and shoot at a defenceless Tree, I used to play Farmer, and I used to be a Blue collar worker.
    Is there an answer? If so can you supply me with it.
    I doubt any of us can supply the correct answer in everyones view, but it may be the right one as far as we (as individuals) are concerned

Rob T

Rob, I have very little experience with politics but this is my take. The minor parties that you refere to don't have to have policies for education. health etc because they know they will never be running the country. Their job is to stand up and fight those that cant fight for themselves. It works the same with the minor parties that oppose us. ie The greens give labour their preference votes.(the Greens never have a chance of actually running the country nor could they) and in exchange labour makes a deal to do part of their dirty work for them ie Moreton bay green zones.
    Those extra votes from the greens could be what tips them into power. In the same way we vote for example the AFLP. the more votes they get the more power they have over who they give those votes to. Obviously AFLP arent going to be giving their votes to the same party as the greens. At the end of the day the more votes that go to the fishing represented parties the more deals they can do with the big fish.

As i said i am a complete novice and will probably get put in my place pretty soon but thats how I understand it.

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.