Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

Re: Who Is Telling The Most Lies - And Who Is Going To Get Caught Out First

I must be getting old, as these days I seem prefer a good BBQ, a couple of cold beers and a good chin wag rather than a party.

By the way Webby stop threatening to molest our trees!

Quote Originally Posted by luigi View Post
    Spot on mate

However, please don't forget that the Fishing Party candidates are from NSW. How they think they can represent Queensland in the unlikely event they get elected is anyone's guess.

To my mind, the Fishing & Lifestyle Party (AFLP) is definately the way to go.

Cheers - Lou
    Without wanting to get involved in the obvious bickering between the two; the AFLP seems to have gotten on with the job where as the fishing party seems to have just stood still and not moved forward too much.

As I'm not a member of the latter, I can't comment with too much authority though only on what seems to have transpired before the formation of the AFLP.
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Quote Originally Posted by shayned View Post
    I must be getting old, as these days I seem prefer a good BBQ, a couple of cold beers and a good chin wag rather than a party.

By the way Webby stop threatening to molest our trees!
    Was going to say, I'm not sure if the trees or fish should be more concerned at Webby's comments / threat
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============

Shooters and anglers both have a common problem. Many aspects of our respective sports are under attack.

Anglers and shooters need to help and support each other if we are to prevent further restrictions placed on our sports.

Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Shooters and anglers both have a common problem. Many aspects of our respective sports are under attack.

Anglers and shooters need to help and support each other if we are to prevent further restrictions placed on our sports.

Louis
    They are controlled by The Sporting Shooters and the gun lobby fanatics who are still going on about a conspiracy where they say the Government ordered the massacres at Port Arthur using an SAS marksman. They are still proclaiming Martin Bryant innocent.

What a load of ############ these parties have turned out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Bullock View Post
    They are controlled by The Sporting Shooters and the gun lobby fanatics who are still going on about a conspiracy where they say the Government ordered the massacres at Port Arthur using an SAS marksman. They are still proclaiming Martin Bryant innocent.

What do they say about the eye of the beholder?

From what I have seen of the Shooters Party policies, I don't have a problem with them. In an election environment, policy is the issue, any other stuff in a side issue - IMHO that is.

Cheers - Lou
    Timber lures - just bung 'em in the water mate & hang on !!!

What a load of crap!!

If there was an SAS Marksman involved there would have been a lot more dead people than what Martin Bryant killed. These type of comments, I suspect, will be treated with the appropriate disdain that anyone with even the slightest amount of intelligence would be able to muster.

Anyone silly enough to believe this deserves what they get.

Derek with all due respect, do you honestly think that anyone believing this drivel would be let into a position of authority or high profile public relations in any political lobby group or party?

Mate, I'm a fisho but let's face facts; guns don't kill people, people using guns kill people.

If someone went into the mall in any capital city at lunchtime and pulled out a gaff and maimed 30 or so people with it, are we going to call for a removal of these items from public use as well?

I'd bet that there are more people killed in cars every year than there are in gun related incidents; should we ban the use of them too?

It's about time that some common sense was brought into play here...
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============

Quote Originally Posted by Synful View Post
    What a load of crap!!

If there was an SAS Marksman involved there would have been a lot more dead people than what Martin Bryant killed. These type of comments, I suspect, will be treated with the appropriate disdain that anyone with even the slightest amount of intelligence would be able to muster.

Anyone silly enough to believe this deserves what they get.

Derek with all due respect, do you honestly think that anyone believing this drivel would be let into a position of authority or high profile public relations in any political lobby group or party?

Mate, I'm a fisho but let's face facts; guns don't kill people, people using guns kill people.

If someone went into the mall in any capital city at lunchtime and pulled out a gaff and maimed 30 or so people with it, are we going to call for a removal of these items from public use as well?

I'd bet that there are more people killed in cars every year than there are in gun related incidents; should we ban the use of them too?

It's about time that some common sense was brought into play here...
    Andrew..the reality is..Bryant killed 30 odd people in no time flat using an automatic or semi automatic weapon...that could not have been achieved with a single shot weapon. Your analogy with the cars is ridiculous..ever seen one person kill 30 odd people in one location using a car?

Anyone that says they are a sporting shooter and wants an auto or semi auto really isn't much of a shooter if he needs them. Those weapons were designed for one purpose only..the killing of humans and I am glad they are banned.

Derek could you please back up your statement with something of substance please????? Since when has the SSAA claimed conspiracy/SAS marksman. That staement is a load of made up rubbish.

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Your right there pinhead, a semi automatic is not really a hunting weapon. The way some shooters carry on about losing their semi automatics makes me think that its a good thing they aren't allowed to have them!

PS, there hasn't been a massacre since semi automatics were banned - there was a string of them up to Port Arthur claiming around 100 lives.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Andrew..the reality is..Bryant killed 30 odd people in no time flat using an automatic or semi automatic weapon...that could not have been achieved with a single shot weapon. Your analogy with the cars is ridiculous..ever seen one person kill 30 odd people in one location using a car?

Anyone that says they are a sporting shooter and wants an auto or semi auto really isn't much of a shooter if he needs them. Those weapons were designed for one purpose only..the killing of humans and I am glad they are banned.
    Seen an average daily photo from Baghdad lately? Just kidding

On your second statemtent, I think for the most part you have a fair statement but it's gone a lot lot further than that. Sporting shooters make up just a diverse range of society as recreational fisherman. Crimes using guns are deplored as much if not more by Sporting shooters. The Shooters Party is there to stop the fundamentalists getting what they want in EXACTLY the same situation that we as fisherman find ourselves in.

Not having a go at you by any means I just thought that the subject required a little clarity for all as they are our ally and no one has any reason to be fearfull of the shooters party for any reason what so ever.

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Need proof of killing in excess of 30 people with a single car, look at the news every second day on what is happening in Iraq and the like. Admittedly this is with vehicles packed with explosives but sadly proof that it can be done.

It wasn't that long ago that a drunk in NSW ploughed into a group of 10+ teenagers and killed most of them. The numbers here are irrelevant in the end scheme of things; everything can be used to kill if used in the relevant way.

Sorry Pinhead, should have clarified that a bit better.
    I agree and believe that there is no need for anyone to have either a semi or fully automatic weapon with the lone exception of the military.

I just don't believe that removing a sporting past time from a group of people on the pre-tense that there is the potential to cause harm to others is a just reaction. There is a whole can of worms opened when we go down this road.

On the other hand I don't want to see it get to the point such as in the US where you can get a firearm by simply opening a bank account either. I believe that owning a firearm comes with great responsibility and that which should not be trusted to just anyone.

In any case, this is heading off into another debate which is totally off topic so I will leave it there.
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============

Many of the points of debate it has caused in this thread gives a good insight into the problems that come with the AFLP aligning themselves with the TSP.

It's not that easy for the greens to convince the non-fishing public that fishing is a bad thing. But I would think that many non-shooters would be dead against any party wanting the gun laws relaxed in any way. I think the majority of people are against guns, they see guns as a threat to theirs and their families safety. Now the AFLP is in that catergory, making themselves an easy target for opposition parties like the greens.

But in fairness, it is the Australian Fishing and LIFESTYLE Party. Shooting is an outdoor lifestyle. And many anglers like to hunt, or shoot for sport. Unfortunately I don't think most people would see shooting and fishing in the same light, but now they are thrown in together, I think it will affect votes, and not in a positive way.

I should point out I grew up on a farm, owned and handled guns most of my life, loved hunting when I was younger. I am not against people owning guns for sporting purposes, but from a purely political view point, I think this is a bad move. I hope I am wrong.

PS: Guns don't kill people, but they certainly makes it easier for the cowards who want to kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Derek could you please back up your statement with something of substance please????? Since when has the SSAA claimed conspiracy/SAS marksman. That staement is a load of made up rubbish.

Cheers Chris
    http://www.shootersnews.addr.com/snportarthur.html These are the people from the gun lobby. Even old Ron Owens himself, now Councillor on the Gympie Council but still running his gun shop.

Hi Derek,

I understand your point of view and I respect that; it would be wrong of me not to out of respect for another human being.

From my side of things the shooters have rights to use their firearms in a managed and lawful way. Like any boatie, licensed driver etc their are laws and rights associated with each of these dangerous pastimes. It is a Lifestyle choice and being out and about over the last few weeks I have met lots of keen fisherman who are members of the shooters, they also own 4wd's. When we looked at the parties out there, the majority of shooters are respectful law abiding people who get branded rednecks, yet like in any part of society there are situations where things get spoiled by a very small minority.

To me, this sounded a lot like the issues other outdoor lifestyle persuits have. 4wders get branded eco-rapists by the damage a small group do by not following the rules and regulations in place. The 4wd clubs have a charter to protect their environment, not ruin it and they hold regular training sessions on correct usage of their vehicles for new people joining and re-training the "old hands".

We know the issues being faced by recreational fisherman too. A small number of people doing the wrong thing causes heartache for the others to the point where we too are being branded as non eco-friendly, we are killing the population of marine animals etc etc. We are also branded rednecks.

So the similarities are there for sure and it was not a decision taken lightly to have an agreement with them. However I believe, and this might be nieve to do so, that people on the whole are doing the right things within the boundaries of law - so if we victimise or discriminate against one outdoor persuit, we do it to ourselves. The saying "point one finger and someone and 3 point back at you" is true and looking at how we are opposing the views in policy of the Greens and Democrats and others in shutting down our rights to the outdoors for camping, fishing etc as is the case, we would be giving these parties that oppose our point of view a cause to argue we don't support all outdoor activity. The Greens don't say this issue damaging the environment is OK because we don't want to be seen buddying up with X - they oppose it all regardless of the stigma they have thrust upon them.

So for us, you have to be all in or all out, there is no halfway in politics.
    Cheers,
    Chris