Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 114cm tailor caught at Orchid Beach???

Re: 114cm tailor caught at Orchid Beach???

Don't know about the lenght or wieght , but this tailor ( forth from left ) was caught on North Stradbroke Island a few years ago now on a spinner.
    Attachment 15383

That's a big greenback, gives those jew a run for their money.

How's the kid, looks like he's saying "check out the size of that bream!"

i remember a bush and beach or QLD fishing magazine (or one of those types) about 8 - 10 years ago that had a 105cm green back on the cover.

I remember its length because a mate caught a decent tailor at straddie the week after and was calling it for 'bigger than the one in the mag'. It measured 76cm and for the rest of the weekend we joked that he was 30 short. Funniest thing was that he was 30 and short. He has since then been nik named and known as "thorty".

Bit of pointless info but someone might remember the picture. i think it was caught at Iluka or somewhere round there??

Has been my dream catch ever since.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

plaztix, it was taken at the bluff.
    A 5.5kg tailor is by no means a monster! A huge tailor, yes, but there are alot bigger fish. A 7kg fish was taken last winter at angourie on a 40g spinner and there was another that got bitten in half by a larger tailor and the head and shoulders went 4.2kg.
    So they are out there boys!

So now I just have to catch a 5kg Tailor to put out as live bait for a real big one
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

definitley a possibility be a rare one on the east coast though
    the pic is of a 9kg fish of another site caught in W.A
    so if a 5-6kg fish is 90 odd cms this is definitely over the meter mark
    the fisho said they caught and released over a dozen this size and also they lost bigger ones that were snapping 30lbs estimated at 10kg plus
    Last edited by shin25; 02-11-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Straddie2,

That's a fair days fishing there would be chuffed to land fish of that quality and quantity. Nice very Nice

Nathan.

Definitly wouldnt surprise me. Surf Sniper got one at around a metre last year? off the beach at double island. there are some big buggers out there at fraser. Spoke to some guys who were spinning out of a boat at indian/waddy start of october and they got a few over a metre.