Thread: Fishing advice for Hervey bay

Fishing advice for Hervey bay

In about 3 weeks I will be taking my 6 metre boat up to hervey bay for a week, I have never fished hervey bay and do not know the area very well. Does any1 who does know the area have any advice on what to fish for at that time of the year and where and how to fish for them?

Any tips would be appreciated to help make my fishing trip a success

Thanks

Re: Fishing advice for Hervey bay

Hmmm Hervey Bay you say, no not worth going really mate its crap...no fish to be had at all no serriee. Nah mate its a great place for sure, the Mackeral should be starting to fire up there soon, there are heaps of spots from the Arti up to Moon point/ Wathumba areas and beyond. Keep an eye on your fuel as its a big place and the distance can get away on you. Heaps of creeks to explore over at Fraser and lots of pelagics to chase as well. The Urangan Boat Harbour has a great ramp with heaps of parking - another pontoon would be nice though? Check out fishntales.com.au for the local good oil, all good people who are willing to help out visiting fishos. Ive got four weeks to go before I head up there for two weeks I cant wait! Hope you enjoy your trip and dont forget to stick up a report when you get back. Ill post a pic for you to whet your appetite for what its like up there.

Cheers and Beers
    Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

I went up a few weeks ago and fished up a storm ,we had a great time have a look at there local web site called fishntales its a great source of hervey bay info also do a search in the fishing reports section here is lots of good info there . Also when i got to hervey bay i went to the pier bait and tackle store at eurangan pier a guy there chris will give you a map of the green zones and will give you some local input everything he put us onto worked ....matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

When we go up there we go straight up to Rooneys and the 8 mile/9 mile areas, do an overnighter in the sheltered bay directly south of rooneys point. Great in any wind as long as it has east in it.