Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crab Identification please

Crab Identification please

Hi

The Son and myself went out crabbing this morning, in amongst the Sandies we caught this fella, can someone ID, I assume it's a coral crab but not 100%, looks a bit to big.

VERY tasty though

Thanks

Re: Crab Identification please

That is one of the rarest crabs in the world bound to be extinct in the future and you just ate it!!!!!!
    Only joking!!!
    I have absolutely no idea and to much time on my hands today
    Jewie

yep, coral crab.

You got it mate CORAL CRAB
    And no worries with eating him and a nice haul of sandies to mate
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

That is definitely a coral crab. I caught one many years ago and decided to enter it in an aquarium competition during the RNA Show (Ekka) in the marine section. It turned into a celebrity crab because before the show opened the news teams were there doing their thing when they saw the coral crab actually shedding its shell in front of them. Saw it on the news and thought "Cool, that's my crab!"
    Incidently after the show I packed it up and released it back into the wild.

Poodroo

Coral crab for sure. There are heaps of them in Tigermullet channel at the Pin although they are generally small. Got six in one pot a few months back but only one was large enough to cook. Great taste.

Thanks Guys'

Thought so, it's the biggest one i've seen, big claws, "bulky" crab.

Got 19 sandies all up, had to work for them though.

Cheers

Caught a lot of them coral crabs in boat passage too - but all much MUCH smaller than your specimen.... well done mate!

Well Done???? EXCUSE ME...but if you don't know what the crab is...why did you take it and eat it??? I guess you take and eat fish you don't know what they are as well???

Amazes me...People who take fish/crabs/etc they have no idea what they are but eat them...no checking size limits, bag limits, restrictions...Not to mention you had 19 other keepable crabs...how many is enough???

Inappropriate and unwarranted post. Member banned for one month.

Mod5
    Last edited by mod5; 01-11-2007 at 07:47 PM.

here we go

Quote Originally Posted by death_ship View Post
    here we go
    .....yep....

Nice haul there to m8
    Last edited by snasman; 30-10-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: cause I can
    THOUGHT OF THE DAY

Live life like a dog,If you cant eat it or hump it ,
    pee on it and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by death_ship View Post
    here we go
    lol hahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooChile78 View Post
    Well Done???? EXCUSE ME...but if you don't know what the crab is...why did you take it and eat it??? I guess you take and eat fish you don't know what they are as well???

Amazes me...People who take fish/crabs/etc they have no idea what they are but eat them...no checking size limits, bag limits, restrictions...Not to mention you had 19 other keepable crabs...how many is enough???

Ok, there is always one, isn't there

Had a feeling some wombat would put up a ill-conceived mi-informed statement such as that.

Was 99% sure the crab was Coral Crab, just required verification, as I haven't seen one before quite that big.

I take what I get, kill and grill I say, how many is enough? a lot more than that

You have no idea of who I am or what I do, until you do, keep smartar%e comments like that to yourself.

You and your like are the reason the chat boards have degraded to the state they are in, as has been said a thousand time before, if you don't have something polite or constructive to say, don't say anything.

Have a nice day

Death_ Ship: Had to mate

Cheers

Bill

Good onya Mod 5 for being consistent

Was looking forward to it though

Cheers

Good haul of sandies bud, keep up the good work Keep em real i say