View Poll Results: What offshore boat would you prefer?

Voters
315. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevlacat 2400 offshore with twin 140 suzuki

195 61.90%
  • Haines Hunter 800 with twin 200 hondas

102 32.38%
  • 800 seastorm seastrength with 250 yamaha 4 strk

17 5.40%
  • 1900 Alison with a 115 Mercury Opitmax

10 3.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What Offshore Boat would you prefer?

What Offshore Boat would you prefer?

What offshore boat would you prefer?

Re: What Offshore Boat would you prefer?

Gee this will start some catfights!!! A 5.2metre kevlacat there extremely seaworthy, safe, stable, very managable, heaps of deckspace, under 2 tonne and dont cost an arm and a leg to run.. Me very happy

haines hunter all the way, im not sure about your motor selection? suzuki or yamaha maybe?

i would've gone the Edencraft 233 Formula with either twin 150 yam 4-strokes or more if you wish.

Go the KC.
    Just curious Plastic, why are you comparing a 1900 Alison with the other three?

Quote Originally Posted by mirage View Post
    Go the KC.
    Just curious Plastic, why are you comparing a 1900 Alison with the other three?
    I was thinking the same thing .... Nagg
    PS .... 3 great boats in that mix

Hay mirage as i herd from a friend that the allison is a awsome ride and would be up there with the other 3. I did not belive him and i thought i would see what you guys think. We have recently purchased the 2400 KC and absolutely are stoked with the performance of it.

Cheers Plastic_Magic

The Haines 800 would be my pick, not with the 200's though, they're not V-Tec.
    I'd go for the latest technology when spending that sort of $$. 150's might do the job, or the 225's, I'd like to test on a couple of set-ups to find the right balance.

Steve

I have not been in an Allison 19, but I have seen them. I wouldnt have thought that the ride from that boat would be any better or worse than my 70s 21 degree Vagabond which has a slightly longer hull length (no pod - standard). I wouldnt have thought mine would compete against an 8 metre well designed and built boat. I think boats one to three are not fair comparisons for the Allision. Just my 2CW bearing in mind I havnt been in any of these boats.

Cheers

OK, thanks Plastic. I can't comment on the Alison but I also just bought a KC2400. Am in the process of re-powering it with Suzuki's.

Hay Mirage we also have just purchased a KC2400 and it is powered with 140 Suzuki 4-Strokes. It has been matched with 4 blade solas stainless steel props and are also counter rotating wich gives the boat that bit more lift out the water. The other thing i counld not get over is the KC2400 with 140's do around the 95km/hr mark and that is hooking for a big boat.

Cheers Plastic_Magic

From all the boats I have seen I reckon the Platemaster's in Maryborough would have to be the best. Out of the one's in that list I would pick the 2400 kevlacat anyday. I went on a charter to the Southern Gutter's in one and it was blowing 25kts on the way back. It just begged for more punishment. Hervey bay is renowned for that short sharp chop. I haven't been in any of the other boats, but a mate has an Allison and reckons it blows the doors off his old Hainesy which is a big statement. You bought well with the Kevla IMHO...... Happy fishing

Cheers Benny

A 2400 KC any day of the week, if I couldn' have that, my pick would be a 5.2 KC

Cheers

Noosa cat. hands down.

kc in that list. coastal cat for value for money