View Poll Results: What offshore boat would you prefer?

Voters
315. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevlacat 2400 offshore with twin 140 suzuki

195 61.90%
  • Haines Hunter 800 with twin 200 hondas

102 32.38%
  • 800 seastorm seastrength with 250 yamaha 4 strk

17 5.40%
  • 1900 Alison with a 115 Mercury Opitmax

10 3.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What Offshore Boat would you prefer?

Re: What Offshore Boat would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by OPTI View Post
    i was thinking we could play cricket in that between bites
    Start our own test series hey, what ya think!

my preference would be a 6.6 hydrofield. There is nothing the boats on the list can do that the 6.6 hydro cant. Then if you talk 8 metre, well no contest, the hydro, hands down.

Anyone got a Steber 22ft? They look pretty good esp the 125HP diesel with shaft drive and are trailerable ie 1900kg inc trailer.

When are you doing test runs? PM me pls.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Have a look at Sailfish made out of Lismore way. Unbelievable ride and platform. "Mono" use to run a fishing charter out of Brunswick Heads with one and raved about them. I can vouch for them also. Definately on my list when I win lotto.

Dave

Here our 8.0m Fisher, last boat to leave there factory before christmas shut down. Feeling double luck about now given current events. We had this set up for game fishing of Bermagui. Bait board is removable and can be placed in gunwales on either side up near cabin when trolling. Has removable game chair & swing back esky seat for toatl flexibility.

Cheers JMH

Now that is one nice looking Fisher. What motor ot motors have you got on her? What's the fuel tank size? How she travel offshore?

She runs a single 300 Suzuki which is good for 38 knots, may ink a little bit more once shes fully loosened up. Has 2-175L tanks or 350 L total. Havent had too much time out in her as yet, but so far her performance into a head sea is excellent. Have only had one trip in a 3m following seas so far and she tracked straight and true. We had a 6.1m barcrusher before this which we absolutly loved. This boat is like a super sized version and has so much more room and is incredibly dry in comparison.

Cheers
    JMH

Hi JMH

Whats the weight on the trailer?
    What axle, spring and brake setup please? Trailer looks to Al, correct?

Thanks

Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

It sits on a Duralum alluminium trailer that has Brakerite elec/hydralic brakes. Trailer is rated to 4500kg if fitted with a 70mm ball. We had it fitted with a 50mm ball so it is down rated to 3500kg. We put her over a weigh bridge with fishing gear, 350 litres of fuel and full esky, kill tank & live bait tanks (approx 200-250L water) and she weighed 3820kg. Empty of water and with one tank full she should be right on 3500kg, so we will need to manage our weight somewhat but shouldnt be too hard just cant use it as a huge trailer. Will do another weigh bridge check soon.

Cheers Horto

That sure is one beast of a tinny horto ,i would of put two 300 's on her ,really make her sit up and pay attention.

26ft stingray plate lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic_Magic View Post
    Hay Mirage we also have just purchased a KC2400 and it is powered with 140 Suzuki 4-Strokes. It has been matched with 4 blade solas stainless steel props and are also counter rotating wich gives the boat that bit more lift out the water. The other thing i counld not get over is the KC2400 with 140's do around the 95km/hr mark and that is hooking for a big boat.

Cheers Plastic_Magic
    95km/hr i have a mate with exact same set up and if ur gauge is saying 95km/hr u need to get it fixed as its more like 75km/hr. But a quick boat none the less..... I have been for a run in some ordinary conditions and it was a great ride i was very impressed and i am sure u will be too.

95 km's is a bit high the best i've been in a mates running half full tanks was 82 km's ( on the gps)and he had spent abit of time with differant props get his set up right.

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic_Magic View Post
    Hay Mirage we also have just purchased a KC2400 and it is powered with 140 Suzuki 4-Strokes. It has been matched with 4 blade solas stainless steel props and are also counter rotating wich gives the boat that bit more lift out the water. The other thing i counld not get over is the KC2400 with 140's do around the 95km/hr mark and that is hooking for a big boat.

Cheers Plastic_Magic
    I might have to swap boats with you as my KC is as yours but know way will it do 95klm/hr. (Feels like it though as you fly past all the mono hulls offshore)

Nat

Quote Originally Posted by CCDrifter View Post
    I might have to swap boats with you as my KC is as yours but know way will it do 95klm/hr. (Feels like it though as you fly past all the mono hulls offshore)

Nat

I think u might have just started a little competition for the next trip out
    But remember u cant pass anyone, when she is sitting in the shed NAT

Cheers
    Matty