Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Hilux:Any good?

Re: New Hilux:Any good?

sorry to disappoint you poundalead but i own a small business also and have gone through 3 100 series cruisers 1 hilux and 1 nissan navara all were on 3 year leases best resale return was the navara approx 10 gran less in purchase and only one gran less than the hilux in resale . it is now a myth that you get a better return on a toyota

ps the hiluxs are a bit of dead wood because of there pissy towing capabilities

mine can tow 2250kg...if you need to tow any heavier then buy a cruiser or patrol...my extra cab was bought new in Feb 2006..now has 98000k on it and not one single problem with the vehicle. Did not consider Nissan as they do not have a king cab any more..not real bright on their part.

I know 5 people who have bought this series 'lux and all swear by them. Not one of them has said I wouldn't buy this vehicle again. I have test driven the Hilux twice as well as driven a mate's. I test drove the Rodeo and found it to be a good vehicle as well as the Navara. The only thing that really persuaded me was the fact that I have owned my cruiser for 5 years and not had one single problem with it. That is enough for me to stick with Toyota.

Ozbee, Thanks for the advice mate you have had a lot more experience with Leasing vehicles than I have. One thing I will say is I won't ever require to tow anything that is more than 2250kg. If I did I would have either kept my 'cruiser or ordered a new one. Also the Navara that I wanted was only 3k less than the Luxie so I stuck with it Cheers

all should be good for you poundhead just dont go near the rodeo theres one in front of the local dealership here brand new with a big lemon stuck on it sign on it says burns 1.5 litres of oil per 5000k from brand new also say gm consider this within acceptable limits glad it not my bun fight. ps as your leasing you should get fleet price if you push hard enough $$$$$$$$$$save

Quote Originally Posted by poundalead View Post
    I know 5 people who have bought this series 'lux and all swear by them. Not one of them has said I wouldn't buy this vehicle again. I have test driven the Hilux twice as well as driven a mate's. I test drove the Rodeo and found it to be a good vehicle as well as the Navara. The only thing that really persuaded me was the fact that I have owned my cruiser for 5 years and not had one single problem with it. That is enough for me to stick with Toyota.

Ozbee, Thanks for the advice mate you have had a lot more experience with Leasing vehicles than I have. One thing I will say is I won't ever require to tow anything that is more than 2250kg. If I did I would have either kept my 'cruiser or ordered a new one. Also the Navara that I wanted was only 3k less than the Luxie so I stuck with it Cheers
    The hilux will be fine if you raise it. I didn't want to do that. The price difference only hits about 10k cause nissan chops 4k off for ABN holders, i forgot to mention that. Not sure if you can get toyota to do the same.