Thread: currimundi lake/creek jacks??

currimundi lake/creek jacks??

hello to all
    just curious,has anyone done anygood on the jacks in currimundi lake/creek? after you go under the bridge the lake splits into 3 seperate creeks. i've flicked lures up the 2 creeks on the left witch have copious amounts of fallen trees/snags in the water for only 1 33cm jack. i no they are there as this is a favourite area of a guy at my local tackleworld! so yeah just wondering if anyone else has tryed and succeeded in this area, or is my persistance wasted effort!! cheers

Re: currimundi lake/creek jacks??

I've had follows from smaller fellas and seen quite a few splashes early morning, but I'm yet to land one. Good luck with it.
    Joel
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

is the lake still blocked off? This time last year I got some on live poddy mullet near some of the submerged structure

Yeah the lake is blocked off. Mate keep persisting - have landed many jacks in there, the biggest went 54cm. i find december to be the best month. let us know how you go. use livies at night time for best resuklts - we're talking 3am hook ups!

cuzza

cheers guys i honestly wasn't expecting many replys saying that fello fishos had hooked up in there!! i will persist and post the finer details and maye even a photo when i land another one! hopefully over 33cm!

I've seen and caught a few out of there in daylight hours casting plastics, but the biggest was only 42cm. There must be some monsters in that hole up the 2nd creek.

hey mate,
    watch out for massive flathead and queenfish because even though its a relatively small creek it has crazy amounts of gts and queenfish at the mouth and also my brothert caught a baby jewfish around the other side of the creek near the canmals its a good little spot and wen i used to fish for jack(about 1 year ago) the best method was to use a lightly weighted sinker and use a double sneeled rig and use hole squid normally they would suck the tenticles but we would still get them hope this helps you