Thread: Leisha Track Double Island Point

Leisha Track Double Island Point

Hi,

Heading up to Noosaville for a weeks holiday end of next week and plan to do few trips up to Double island point , I know that Leisha track has been closed
    for some time but noticed that the EPA web site shows that it is now open , has
    anyone been through this track recently if so can you head up to Rainbow beach now ? any info would be appreciated .

regards

Maverick1

Re: Leisha Track Double Island Point

Hi Maverick1,

Was up there approx 2 weeks ago. We could use the Leisha track, but were still not allowed to drive up the beach to Rainbow due to exposed rocks after the flooding.

Regards,

Was open last weekend

The track was opened weeks ago, but the trees just to the north (towards Rainbow)of the The Leisha on the Rainbow side are a low tide only job. Carlo Rocks are also passable on low tide. Take into account the variables such as swell and tide size. Has me tricked why Parks and Wildlife don't chainsaw some of the offending branches as there are not many - to cause Fraser traffic to go through Gympie no doubt.

Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    The track was opened weeks ago, but the trees just to the north (towards Rainbow)of the The Leisha on the Rainbow side are a low tide only job. Carlo Rocks are also passable on low tide. Take into account the variables such as swell and tide size. Has me tricked why Parks and Wildlife don't chainsaw some of the offending branches as there are not many - to cause Fraser traffic to go through Gympie no doubt.

Lindsay
    Thanks Lindsay I might pop down and have a peep but won't take the risk if it looks a bit suss , hope the fishing is still on the chew , was at the top end of teewah a couple aweeks ago for good feed of whiting and couple of nice flathead .

cheers

Rick