Thread: Lion's Rock

Lion's Rock

Any info on Lion's Rock at Noosa appreciated?
    What's it like?
    Conditions?
    Fish Caught there?
    Anything?
    Thanks

Re: Lion's Rock

Good fishing platform there that is like most rocks, its dependtant on prevailing weather. Generally any winds from north thru the west to SSE are quite ok to fish it with.
    Good baitground immediately behind the rock to get livies from.
    Good mackeral swim past fairly regularly and nice jew come around infrequently.
    At times reefies are readily available there and yellowtail kingfish can be a pain at times too.

Jack.

Hi mate

I fished there a while ago. On my Ausfish profile I have a picture of Lion Rock. ill try and put a few up aswell.

It is a good spot for bream in the winter and spring. tailor also love to come in and hang around there. (Haven't caught any there yet but heard about it from locals.) there are alot of reefies there. The spearies love it aswell

it's pointless fishing there in a northerly as i found out. But i did get a good 2 lb sweetlip in the wash. Best is a southerly. Make sure the swell is very small, it can be deadly dangerous in big swells.

cheers

Owen

Most people fish out the front in the deeper water but I have had more success on the northern reefy areas. Good Tailor and Trevelly spinning country
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"