Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Furuno Fcv585 Sounder Question?

Re: Furuno Fcv585 Sounder Question?

Dale,

I had a play with using shift the other day. Is there any way around not having to go into the menu to move the shift up and down? That is so cumbersome compared to the JRC. There is too much having to go into menus on it.

Others,

I have also been playing with bottom lock. It is fine to look at as well. Much of a muchness. Also playing with dual frequancy mode. Finding Time Ian is big on using 50kHz. I have mine adjusted back to -20 to try and get rid of the clutter compared to the 200kHz but it is still messy. The 200kHz side is giving me better arches/individual big fish shows. The 50kHz side shows a bait school a millisecond before the 200 kHz side because of the bigger cone angle I guess. Dunno. Still want to get it to the shelf. With better weather we would have been at Noosa canyons on the weekend.

Reading on the plane is all to do with transducer position. Keep fiddling if you haven't got it right. It is not the sounder's fault.
    Last edited by Smithy; 26-11-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Smithy,

you can program the "function" button on the front of the 585 to activate the shift function... saves heaps of time eh
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Thanks for that Gary. Gave that a burl today. Easy as. Still want a top to bottom view there somewhere so zoom or bottom lock are best for me. Never know when you are going to stumble on a nice tomato out there and how high it is going to be.

Stuie,

yep it will do everything you want now Gary has put us on to that function key. Checked out the FF60 on the Trymax site. Will be good to see the power specs and stuff. Toggle and dial aren't going to be too much of a loss with the arrow buttons. Keys must be easier for them to waterproof. I know the Zercom/Humminbird Legends seemed to have issues with the rotary dials by all accounts but mine was fine and it was in heaps of rain showers out in the elements.

Just curious what advance speed you guys run at. I have left mine at 1/1, but was thinking a faster speed may give me a better picture when on the plane. What do you think?

Cheech

I was going to ask a similar question too.
    I'm still discovering new stuff everytime I go out.

Also, can anyone give a rundown on what they think different fish species tend to show up like on the 585????

I spent bit of time on a boat last season running a Furuno 7000.
    If my memory serves me correctly?
    Billfish showed up as a red colored dot
    Dolphin fish as a little red slash
    Tuna were blue dots

thx
    LM
    Last edited by lenm5; 30-11-2007 at 06:26 PM.

Cheech/len

Run your chart at fastest no matter what the boat speed....4/1. Has the effect of "stretching" the info thru time. The screen displays the info 4 times for every sonar pulse instead of once (1/1). A blip of bait becomes a elongated blob so you get to see more detail.

SM

Hi Team.

What does two lines spearing up from bottom represent? THese lines wer ein amongst massive schools of pelagics and were angled at around 65 degrees to horizontal.

SPlash

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Hi Team.

What does two lines spearing up from bottom represent? THese lines wer ein amongst massive schools of pelagics and were angled at around 65 degrees to horizontal.

SPlash
    were you retrieving your line at that point , maybe your sinker showing on the screen

Thanks Marco - amazing@!

That was probably it. Are these things that sensitive?

Splash

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Thanks Marco - amazing@!

That was probably it. Are these things that sensitive?

Splash
    yes they are that sensitive , and they get better the more you tune them correctly

I was using mine yesterday to watch my sinker on the drop. The sounder showed it as an angled line. Not straight up and down as it takes time to get to the bottom.

A few more deep ones for ya.

And the sorts of shows I am pulling Squire on SPs from.

I'll post the sounder pics from my weekend fishing report http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=121300 in here cause they make for interesting viewing.

Pinging 500m on the plane.