Thread: Question re A Break - Mt Mee State Forest.

Question re A Break - Mt Mee State Forest.

I have heard that the A Break is pretty hectic and would like to hear some feedback (pics even) from those who have been there. I am planning to head up there on Saturday to test out the new Navara but i really dont want to break anything in the first few weeks of owning it! Its stock, off the factory floor, will I have any issues up there?

Re: Question re A Break - Mt Mee State Forest.

Nah the navara will blend in out there no problems, just try not to block the way of the cruisers

Jack.

Have done A Break a couple of times now. Once when it was graded over which made it steep but uneventful and the other time was immediately after a big storm ripped through the night before so there were lots of washouts and the hills were slippery to have to get through. Challenging but still got through it okay with the Pajero as did the rest of the group. You should not have too much troubles with A Break at all but always make sure you have another vehicle with you for safety. This is a bit of video footage of my Pajero negotiating a washout on A Break. Warning there is swearing on the tape and in case of copyright infringement all video footage provided by Lucky Phill and all rights reserved.

Poodroo

Mate - like Poodroo I did it once after a severe storm and an IFS vehicle in front of me on the same line as my Discovery broke a tie rod. It was pretty rough. I have also been through there many times when it was graded and it was a doddle, just very steep. The best tracks out there, if you have the logging map and a GPS ideally, are the ones off the main drags, that are not used by rangers/forestry any more and get overgrown and rough - good axle twisters that test out the traction control/lockers and your ability to do without either if you get good lines!

Cheers

Mate a walk in the park compared to some of the other tracks out there,it is steep in a few places but your navara should handle it no worries
    The steepest track i have personally used out at mt mee saw my dashmat land in the backset of the hilux on the way up.
    If you know what you are doing most tracks at mt mee arent to big a problem.
    This track is just off the left side on the way to the southern entrance to A break heading north,most of the vehicles in the pis negotiated it no worries.

Cheers Craig