Thread: First GT

First GT

Gday this is my first post in saltwater pics. Got my first GT last month casting a fizzer from a sand spit on a 6-8kg flick stick with abu 5600. Got it first cast with that fizzer because two of his mates stole two other fizzers just before . Had to use all the line on the 5600 twice .Great fun!, mate was next to me with another GT giving him grief at the same time.
    wamjam

Re: First GT

Thats a great size fish for ya first gt,nice one.

Great fish there wamjam. Would have got your heart going thumpity thump hey ???

bloody nice gt mate, they pull a bit harder than the old greenfish hey. cheers bdowdy

Awesome fish mate well done!! PBass

Not wrong bdowdy I think one of these GT's would pull a cod that fast backwards the water in his gills would turn his head inside out
    wamjam
    Last edited by wamjam; 17-10-2007 at 07:19 PM.

That's an awsome first GT mate, it would have been alot of fun considering the size of him. Cheers Chris

Awsome fish.

I'm still chasing one of those badboys.

awsome first gt wamjam how did u feel when you were at the end of the spool a little nervous?

cheers rossco

Gday rossco
    The first time the spool looked empty was a bit scarey but the second time I was thinking I cant get away with this twice so was waiting for the" twing".
    How did you go at Glenlyon ?
    wamjam

What a top fisrt gt most people spend months chasing them before getting their fist one and i dont think the first one is usaully that size
    Well done mate !

What an introduction to the great fighters!!! awsome stuff mate.

cuzza

great fish and it was first cast too awesome stuff must of taken a while to get it in.

regards,
    keechie