Thread: Palagics around Ballina

Palagics around Ballina

Hey fella just wondering if there has been any palagic action round ballina.. any macks, dollies or wahoo or aything else been caught lately cheers

Re: Palagics around Ballina

Far as i know fishy, it's all a bit quiet yet, was out on Monday & water temp was 21.5 .

Muzz

cheers muz hopeing to get out abit more this year... last year was very disappointing trying to find the time to get out

Got some small kings trolling live yakka around the wave buoy the 1st weekend of the holidays. Also got a good size mack tuna off lennox point earlier in the day under a balloon, and didn't manage to stop 2 other freight trains that ended in clean bite offs with no chaffing????

Gleeeza

yeh true water temp starting to warm up... i can't wait... hopefully anothing good marlin run with wahoo mixed in... good fun

Hey Fishy,

next time you're going out let me know, I'll turn up with a coldie or 2.

Muzz

how far off ballina and lennox do you get macs dollies etc? im keen as but ive got a 4.3m boat, i have gps, not after any secret spots. but any help would be really appreciated

i used to go out to the wave rider in a 4.8mtr......if the bar is dodgy dont bother as it will be crappy out.

if your boat is reliable you will be fine....there is even heaps of phone service out there...a radio is better.........macs can be caught at black head, about 1km north of the bar......i think a better spot is just off lennox point though. Riordens is good but a bit of a hike south, if the northerlies are predicted i wouldn't go there.....too hard to get back. have you done much offshore fishing before?

stay left on the bar too......my experience anyway

ive done abit , i cant really find anywhere to productive for fish at black rock, heaps of rock cod flathead and other random reef fish but nothing to good, flat rock is much the same , and ive never really found anything off of the point (any marks?) best spot ive found so far is pipis, we were getting good squire off there a couple of weeks back, was great every drop after about 30 seconds youd have em.

once the mackeral are here head to lennox point and you will find the reef....theres usually heaps of bait there....apparently only 1 or 2 boats can successfully fish the correct spot...its a pinnacle. do you have the coordinates for the wave rider and FAD? Sean