Thread: bait net

bait net

just a few questions about bait nets (some may sound stupid but hey, im still learning)

ok firstly what sort of prices am i looking at?

how the hell do you use them. i am interested as i have seen people using them with great sucess but never noticed their technique.

where around bracken ridge could you use them

cheers

Re: bait net

Ok i assume you mean bait net and not cast net. Bait nets can go from anywhere to $60-$120 They are a 50ft Net with floats on one line and Weights on the other and the net inbetween (obviously) You keep your foot on the weight line and hold onto the float line and walk through the water. Then pull up to the bank and keep your Weight line inside of your float line and nearly touching the ground. You can use them at Nudgee, Mouth of the Pine River, Redcliffe in most places. Anywhere with a Shallowish drop off.

Dan, check out this thread and send Choppa a pm. I'm sure he'll tell you all about it.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=116164

and shuffle your feet rather than walk so as to minimise the chance of stepping on a ray.

Some people tie a broom handle or similar at each end of the net, one end of each handle on lead line, the other on the float, makes it a bit easier to push the net through the water, maybe.