Thread: General Fishing on the central coast

General Fishing on the central coast

Sup guys,

new to the forums and what not just after some adive on some decent fishing spots around the central coast. After beach, estury and rive mostly as im shore based and not a fan of the rocks. Main fishies i plan to target are Tailor Bream Whiting Salmon Mullet Flattys, anything legal and worth the effort really. I've only just started fishing again recently so i know a bit on baits and tackle and what not but any help/advice would be great. Times and tides would also be a huge help.

Cheers^^
    Stottles
    Last edited by Stottles; 15-10-2007 at 12:08 AM.

Re: General Fishing on the central coast

hey stottles,

I live at boyne island and one of my favourite spots for whiting would have to be the coloseum if u have a boat. Also the Lillies beach is pretty good for whiting, bream and flatties and also ur occasional grunter.i dont if its tru but i have heard that an hour before the top of the tides is the best time for whiting...DONT KNOW IF ITS TRUE. Also live yabbies seems to be the good bait for whiting.

cheers alex

cheers for ur advice alex mate, but arent these places in QLD?

Im on the central coast NSW

I havnt fished the area for a couple of years now but theresplenty of optoins available.
    Budgewoi beach is a good spot for Tailor and Salmon using pillies for bait My mates been fishing the into the evening of late ang getiing plenty of fish iam not too sure what the Tides are doing though.
    Theres plenty of other beaches North entrance is a popular spot.

Another optoin would be fishing the forshore at the Entrance try and get some live mullet there is plenty of Flathead around that area at the moment.

Som other Land based spots that i grew up fishing are Toukley Bridge again try and get some live bait the best time to fish this area are in low light conditions as there is no tidal influence in this system.
    The hot water outlets at munmorah,Eraring or San Remo are worth a shot.

Theres usally plenty of Bream up all the Creeks from Dora in Lake Mac down to Narara and ourimbah in the Tuggerah Lakes.Try using some small hardbodies or plastics early in the mornig and cast parralell to the bank to stay near the structure.
    Hope this Helps.

hey mate,

umm use to live at east gosford then erina.
    Going down the entrance road heading towards Erina, there is a break in the trees and guard rail, down there, there is a wharf try fishing off there, no rocks and get quite a few crabs and bream and some other fish.

crowser

Quote Originally Posted by Stottles View Post
    cheers for ur advice alex mate, but arent these places in QLD?

Im on the central coast NSW

NSW.... the new USA..... like they're the only ones who have a central coast

only place in australia i can find on google maps called "the central coast" is the NSW central coast between sydney and newcastle. regardless of local nicknames and such it appears that NSW 'IS' the only state with 'the central coast'

sorry to burst your bubble

Stottles
    couldnt agree with you more well said.

Burst my bubble.......... funny. Like I was clinging to the grim hope that we too had a central coast. "Noooooooooooooooo mummy, we have a central coast tooooooooo"

Jeez, everyone's so serious around here. Queensland is like the deep south in the US, it's hot and full of redneck/bogans and NSW is like the mid west, they think they are better than the south, but really it has the same amount of bozos only their weather is colder, and Victoria is like New York, yeah, for the most part they are a little better than the rest, but the weather sucks and they are wankers. Also they have to live next to New Jersey (think South Australia. A state so crap, they didn't give it a name, just a vague geographical decription)

I hope todays lesson in not taking shit so seriously has been fun and remember...... it's AUSfish....... we're mostly Queenslanders here.
    Last edited by flairj; 18-10-2007 at 10:47 AM.

doesnt matter if this sites mainly QLDers u should still be able to read a map.

seems like ur pretty attached to the whole USA idea ay as far as im concerned the yankes can go get ****** well u no the rest.

if everyones so serious around here and u think they should lighten up maybe u should stop wasting everyones time and not be posting useless crap in my thread.

bye bye now.

Welcome to Ausfish. Hope you enjoy your time here.

my bad.. Central Queensland i got it mixed up with central coast